skelatherapy

ice-cream
on 11/8/08 3:33 pm
is the skelatherapy a source of revision like the stomaphyX and rose procedure and would this be cover by insurance?  has anyone had it done and what were the results
ginau
on 11/9/08 2:10 am - mesa, AZ
My understanding is that  it is not covered by any insurance . It has mixed reviews .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Jessica D
on 11/10/08 1:11 am - Manchester, CT
I've had 5 of them done (I'm 6 yrs out) - all were covered by my insurance and to be honest they are a complete waste of time and effort.  Its not a proven procedure and you may (as in my case) end up with ulcers ... its really not worth it.

Jessica 
Ruth S.
on 11/10/08 10:37 am - Orlando, FL
Everyone's experience to the Schlerotherapy will be different and it also depends on how well your dr is knowledgable about doing it.  I've had it done twice recently. It reduces the size of the stoma by creating scar tissue around the opening.  I do feel fuller for longer so I do only eat the 3 meals Im supposed to and Im not snacking..which is good. Under my plan I have to pay $250 in copays but since it's working for me I guess it's better than full revision. I only have to get it done once a year if I want.  I've lost 5lbs thus far..but I have to work a little more at exercise so that's my fault.  Like even regular wls surgery we all hve to work harder to make it work. My pouch is bigger (10-12cm) but with the stoma being more closed I'm fine with it.
Ruth S.
Most Active