Stretched Esophagus!

Can't Weight TooLose
on 11/7/08 10:39 pm
I have posted this in the forum too.

I found out that I have a stretched esophagus by the radiologist on tuesday. I have not talked to my surgeon just yet he will not have the results from the GI until Friday or Monday. So for those who had a stretched esophagus what did your Dr do?
Did he/she just unfill you?
Did you need surgery to fix it?
Is your abdomen talking to you?
In a deep voice
My gas or whatever it is really loud and embarrassing. I've never had gas or reflux prior to the band.

Any help with the above questions would be greatly appreciated!

Highest weight- 262lbs
Lap band- Aug 2006 - 254lbs.
Lowest w/band 214lbs. .
Gained up to 271 due to the band
Got DS revision April 2010!! Current 145lbs
At 5'8 my goal was 160lbs but I surpassed that with the DS!!!!!!

Madcow
on 11/8/08 1:28 am - MA
Hi - I had a lapband and had problems with my esophagus including that it stretched out. I also had swallowing problems.   My doctor initially unfilled my band.  Sicne I continued to have the swallowing problems I did end up getting a revision to a bypass.  Most people do just fine by getting unfilled for a couple of months and then slowly refilling the band. 

240/140/138
Can't Weight TooLose
on 11/8/08 3:41 am
Thanks Madcow..... I actually want this band out .....but I definately need an unfill.
Highest weight- 262lbs
Lowest w/band 214lbs. .

daizygurl27
on 11/9/08 9:57 am - Shinnston, WV
Just curious exactly how you knew you stretched your esophagus out?  I am really worried about that myself.  I gag alot but can still eat whatever I want.  I am not sure if my band is too tight or not.  
fortworthgal
on 11/9/08 1:55 am - Fort Worth , TX
Yes, I had this problem. Had all the saline taken out. Then got a revision to RNY. read my profile.I talk about in it.
daizygurl27
on 11/9/08 9:56 am - Shinnston, WV
I would just like to know if you now regret the revision?  I absolutely hate my lapband and has been nothing but a pain.  I had the surgery sept 2007 and guess what have not lost a pound.  i am sad because this was such a huge step for me to even try the surgery and i am contemplating a revision
Can't Weight TooLose
on 11/9/08 8:16 pm
Daizygurl,

I know exactly how you feel. I didnt think my band was too tight until recently. I had my last fill over a year ago. Anyway I found out my esophagus was stretched by having an upper GI. My symptoms were puking, gaging, having small pills get stuck and reflux.  If you have any of these symptoms you may have something stretched or the band slipped.

Highest weight- 262lbs
Lowest w/band 214lbs. .

Most Active