Questionfor those who had VBG to RNY Revision

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/08 11:34 pm - Breinigsville , PA
Wondering if others were having pain and gastric distention prior to their revision surgeries..
Deb *.
on 11/7/08 12:20 am
I had a revision from VBG to RNY in Mar 07.  I did have pain after eating with my VBG, my staple line had disrupted and it was causing all sorts of problems.  I don't recall any gastric distention though.  No problems since my revision though.

Debbi

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/08 3:26 am - Breinigsville , PA
Debbi,
     Thanks for writing back! I read your blog and you are an inspiration to me. Your story sounds so much like mine. I do have alot of pain and believe there are some major problems needing correction. I can only tolerate clear liquids. My surgery is in 10 days.  I am very nervous. I have such severe reflux, I aspirate and have to sleep in a chair. My stomach burns constantly.
     How is your eating different now from the VBG? I would love any information you are willing to share!
     Michelle
Deb *.
on 11/8/08 11:36 pm
Lets see how is my eating different now?  I guess the biggest difference is I can eat healthy dense protein without getting sick.  With my VBG I had pretty much limited myself to easy, soft, or liquid foods.  Lots of soup, chips, pasta, stuff that would go down easy and usually not cause pain or vomitting.

Now I can eat any kind of meat (I do make sure it's moist though), I can eat veggies, and overall healthy food.  I very rarely eat soup, though if I do I make sure it has lots of meat in it.  I get full without getting to the point of pain.  I've only thrown up a couple of times since surgery, and I'm not afraid of going out to eat at a restaurant.  I was always worried about what was going to make me sick before.  Now as long as I eat slowly and am aware of what I'm doing I can eat pretty much anything.

Debbi

nursekrista35
on 11/8/08 12:25 pm - louisville, OH
i had vbg 13 years ago the worst damn thing i ever did. had constant stomache pain and vomited up everyday. i also had hitial hernia and the worst gerd ever.had revision to rny and i now caneat everything and feel like a normal person again. best of luck on your upcoming surgery
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/08 1:23 am - Breinigsville , PA

It is so good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am amazed at how many others have suffered the same problems. The thought of being able to eat something digestible seems unreal at this point. Thank you for your encouraging reply!  8 more days!
Mich

Most Active