Dec 1, 2008

nicole u
on 11/1/08 11:14 pm - holbrook, NY
Revision on 12/01/08 with
Hello all!!
I just wanted everyone to know I will be having RNY (HOPEFULLY) on Dec 1, 2008!!  Its almost 4 years to the day since I had my Lapband put in.  What a joke!!  I am praying that the RNY will be exactly what I need to succeed with my weight loss.  I am so nervous and excited.  I know having a revision is a lot more risky and I am scared.  I had my Lapband removed Oct. 23 and it was not nearly as bad as I expected.
I am petrified of the RNY's pain!!  I am sure I will be in the hospital a good 4 days which will be great.  I am the biggest baby walking the earth when it comes to pain.  I am just grateful to know that I will be on the same floor I was when I had my band removed.  The nurses there took GREAT care of me. 
For anyone who had their band removed and then had the bypass...what was your pain level??
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole

298/182/143
Surgery/ Current/ Goal

Hondurian Queen
on 11/2/08 7:26 am - BOSTON, MA
hey nicole first I want to say hat I love  the new avatar and second I want to say that I had revision band to RNY and I am so happy with the RNY the pain wasnt that serious at all for me I wish you the best of luck

ShayZ
on 11/2/08 8:10 am - Somewhere, TX
I can't tell you what a revision feels like but I can tell you this. I have had two surgies involving the abdominal area; one was a kidney donation and them four months later my RNY....the RNY was a CAKEWALK in comparison and I was open for it and lap for the donation.   Now I am not saying there is no pain but it is certainly manageable. And I say this w/o the benfit of narcotics because I am allergic so I know you will be fine.  Good luck!
ShayZ
on 11/2/08 8:17 am - Somewhere, TX
Check this out; she may beable to provide you prospective...funny how God answers questions we didn't even know we had.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/a,messageboard/ac tion,replies/board_id,5360/cat_id,4960/topic_id,3771594/
mew6495
on 11/2/08 8:37 am - MI
 Congratulations Nicole!  I am so happy for you and your date to your 2nd chance and new journey!  You will do fabulous...

I did not have band to RNY revision but RNY to ERNY revision which was also a open procedure.   This was my 7th abdominal procedures and 6 of them were open and 1 lap.   I recovered fairly quickly this past time.  My procedure was on 10/6.  My suggestion would be to just stay on top of the meds they send you home on for the first few days.  If you do not let your pain get out of control it is easy to manage.  Slowly back off when you think you no longer need them.

I know you will do great.  As our fears are always larger then what we actually experience once we are faced with the situation.  

Good Luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!
cuppyb
on 11/2/08 7:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Hi Nicole.

I just had band removal and RNY revision on the same day last Tuesday.  It was fine, I can honestly say I was surprised that the pain wasn't worse.   Came home on Friday and the only thing I am taking is tylenol and gas-x.  

From the beginning I was able to get myself out of bed and up and down from chairs, couldn't do that with previos surgeries.  This one was done by lap and my only area of tenderness is where the drain was. 

Good luck with your surgery, I'll be thinking of you

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

mrsedaddy
on 11/5/08 5:50 am - Spring, TX
I am having my DS done that day as well.  Best wishes to you!
Tough times don't build character, they reveal character.

SW (12.1.08):  310
CW: 210
GW (whenever God gets me there):  160ish

fortworthgal
on 11/9/08 1:47 am - Fort Worth , TX
I had a band for 4 years and got a revision to RNY on Aug 1. I have lost 43 pounds so far and have another 45 to go. I developed blood clots after my surgery and had to have 3 additional surgeries and was in the hospital for a month but the surgery itsself was a success. With the band I was still always thinking about food and wanting to binge and now I sometimes have to make myself eat. Food doesnt consume me now. I never go over 1000 calories a day and make sure protein is #1. Also, sugar is pretty much out now because it makes me so sick when i eat it. I get sweaty and my heart starts racing. Makes me not want it. The most I might have is 4 gingersnaps and that would be all my sugar for the whole day.
Most Active