Awaiting Decision and Need Prayer

ShayZ
on 10/31/08 3:52 am - Somewhere, TX
Dr. Schlesinger is going to review my file today and determine whether or not I am a candidate for revision.  So I am nervous and am requesting prayer for this to have a happy ending.  May I be so bold as to ask those who traveled to surgery were you able to finance the travel?  Unfortunately I am not as flush with cash as I wish I were, lol.
mellow
on 10/31/08 4:08 pm
Shay, prayers coming your way.  God bless you and all good wishes from Mellow.
cuppyb
on 10/31/08 6:01 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
I'll be keeping you in my prayers.......hope all works out for you. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

mew6495
on 10/31/08 10:27 pm - MI
 Hi Shay,

My prayers are with you.  You are in excellent hands with Dr. S.  He will do everything in his power to give you your 2nd chance.  He is a great surgeon and very fair.

I traveled from MI to AZ to have my revision done with him.  Unfortunately it was not financed.  But check around, there are many hotels out there.  You can get some good rates.  Explain why you are coming to the area and some hotels will give you a good rate simply because of the length of time you will be there.  The hotel we stayed at offered breakfast and dinner so all my hubby had to worry about was lunch.  We had a suite which had a fridge so we brought food to fill in for this meal.  Our only cost really to speak of was the hotel and gas.  The unfortunate thing about this time of year is that you are hitting their peak season so hotel rates will go up.  I got the beginning of this as well.  If I had had my surgery even 2 weeks earlier my room would have been ~$20.00 cheaper.  Dr. S. office will give you the name of a couple of hotels that they do business with and may offer cheaper rates.  Call them as well.  You can also try to negotiate a room rate with the hotels if you think they are a bit high.  Just be sure to ask to speak to the hotel manager if you are going to go this route.

Good Luck.
ShayZ
on 10/31/08 11:58 pm - Somewhere, TX
Thank you Mellow, Cuppy and Mew. I am keeping hope alive, lol. They didn't call yesterday so I will go into semi-stalker mode Monday.

Mew thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into the hotels and stuff and the extended stays are an excellent idea.  Just my luck that this is peak time, lol. Although the last time I was in Phoenix it was June and July.

I'll keep everyone informed, thanks again, y'all.
pokerchips
on 11/1/08 9:00 am
ShayZ I just recently got evaluated for revision surgery and the surgeon said he would perform the surgery if my insurance approves.  I don't know if the surgeons office has submitted information to the insurance company but I am going to be patient and not call them I'll just wait for the big call and pray the approve my revision. 

I admire you for being brave enough to travel to have your surgery this time will be the charm so I hope you are approved for a revision and you get enough travel money so that you can be comfortable. 

Change is a Process Not an Event

ShayZ
on 11/1/08 10:22 am - Somewhere, TX
PC, thank you so much and I am going to pray for your insurance so that they find it within themselves to approve you. 

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. We are going to be revision siblings, okay?  This will happen for us both!!!!!!
pokerchips
on 11/2/08 7:55 am
I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!  LET'S CLAIM IT & ITS OURS.
ShayZ
on 11/2/08 8:12 am - Somewhere, TX
AMEN

PC, I like the way you think!
Most Active