Can I just vent about insurance companies please?

jillagin2000
on 10/30/08 5:55 am
I just hate United Healthcare - well actually insurance companies in general just **** me off!!! Evil or Very Mad

Along with mandating that they cover so called 'pre-existing conditions' I think that insurance companies should be required to pay for pretty much any procedure that me, my doctor, all available research both in the US and around the world says is "medically necessary". If it's medically necessary then I need the procedure to fix me. If the procedure is considered the gold standard of care in the US and in every other developed country then it should just plain be covered.

If this means that some of these insurance companies have to cut into their profit margins in order to pay for these procedures then tough. And maybe it'll cause them to put some of their profits towards research in the field to find even less expensive and/or less invasive treatments for the condition(s).

Thanks for "listening". I feel marginally better.
Ginger08
on 10/30/08 6:01 am - IA
Just a note about the insurance companies, they don't want to pay for anything that they think that they can get by with, I have worked for self insured companies, group insurance companies and also individual ones, do not give up, ask for an appeal, and then see what they need to have to prove that this is necessary, do not give up that is what they want you to do.. If you need any information on how to go about this please PM me...
good luck,
Ginger
jillagin2000
on 10/30/08 6:47 am

thanks -- I've appealed via an attorney (you know Kelley and Walter at obesitylaw.com) and apparently they've denied the appeal.  You should see the beautiful 13 page letter they wrote on my behalf!

Deanne K.
on 10/30/08 10:05 am - Tucson, AZ
Let Kelley and Walter take your appeal until there is no more appeals.  Go all the way to the external review if you have to.  Don't give up on them.  I had UHC and I won on my appeal, so don't give up.  Know what they are denying you on and hit those points in your next appeal.
Most Active