LOS ANGELES SURGEONS WHO PERFORM ERNY

lalala2
on 10/29/08 10:44 am - Winnetka, CA

I've been lurking on this message board for months but this is the first time I have posted anything.  Thanks to many of you kind hearted people on this site, I decided to schedule a telephone consult with Dr. Schlesinger.  I know this is repetitive to some, but what a kind hearted, generous, experienced doctor he is!  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my insurance will cover an out of state doctor so I will not be able to use Dr. S 

Here's my question to anyone out there -- do you know of any Los Angeles, CA bariatric physician's who perform the Extended Distal Roux-En Y (ERNY).  I know there is a lot of prejudice out there with revision gastric bypass surgery and I just want to cut to the chase.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

lalala2

mew6495
on 10/29/08 10:36 pm - MI
 Sorry I don't have any recommendations to provide.  What a bummer about not being able to go to Dr. S.  He is awesome.

So what does your insurance do if you are traveling out of state and an emergency comes up that puts you in the hospital or needing surgery?  Do they cover it then?  Just curious.  
lalala2
on 10/30/08 8:48 am - Winnetka, CA
Mew,

I do believe my insurance would cover it if I was travelling and needed an emergency procedure (but unfortunately that is not the case).  I have asked Dr.S for a referral to an Los Angeles surgeon, and am awaiting his response.  BTW how R U feeling post ERNY ?   Any complications or any surprises?
Lalala2
mew6495
on 10/30/08 9:08 am - MI
 I am feeling pretty good.  Thanks for asking.  The only complication, if you want to call it that, is I had acquired a small infection in the bottom part of my incision.  It is cleared up now though....with the help of Dr. S.  Recovery has been good for me.  No complaints!    I have not lost any weight in the past 2 weeks and that is a bit concerning to me.  But perhaps my body is just trying to catch up to all that it has been put through!  I can only hope!  

I am sure Dr. S. will get back to you soon.  He is pretty good about that.  

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  Good Luck and let us know how you make out.
ginau
on 10/30/08 12:24 am - mesa, AZ
Lalala

Are you going to the event this week-end ?  I am sure there will be some great information there.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

lalala2
on 10/30/08 8:50 am - Winnetka, CA
I hadn't thought of going to the event until you just mentioned it.  If I do I will let you know. 
Lalala
ginau
on 10/30/08 11:45 am - mesa, AZ

If you can get a $10.00 tix - what the heck - you should come , I am coming with a couple other Dr S revision pts

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active