Got Lapband removed yesterday!!

cuppyb
on 11/3/08 8:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

I had my band removed and RNY performed at the same time on 10/28 and I am very happy so far.  I can honestly say that I don't have the pain I thought I would with the revision.  Yes my stomach is a little uncomfortable......almost reminds me of when I used to get cramps and pms.   I'm only taking tylenol and it seems to do the trick.

Completely relate to the last seat at the table.  I would panic when we had to go out to eat with people that I might be stuck in a booth and pb in front of everyone.   I would find the bathrooms before we even got seated.....forget small places where there is only one stall and you might have to wait. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

charla1019
on 11/3/08 9:06 am - Wayne, PA
I am so glad to hear that RNY is different than the band! Gosh, I remember those times with one stall and I would be waiting to get in holding all the saliva in my mouth and not even swallowing it. My mouth would be watering cuz I was about ready to puke! People would say stuff to me and I would just smile and think "Oh God please let me in that stall before I puke everywhere" I don't know how I held it in, the minute I got in it just flew out of my mouth into the toilet. I don't even know how I held it for so long sometimes just waiting...I just don't want to go thru that with RNY. I am glad you are doing well. I can't wait to start my journey!!

Keep us posted,
Charla
cuppyb
on 11/3/08 8:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

By the end my pb'g was so bad that I was getting sharp pains shooting down my left arm, and I even passed out a few times.   It was awful and I don't wish that on anyone.  

Looking forward to a few months from now when I can go out for dinner with friends and family and sit on the inside of that booth and not have everyone say "here she goes again."  

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

charleston-mom
on 11/6/08 4:01 am
RNY is night and day different from lapband. I think God, literally every day, for my RNY and that the horrible band is gone from my body. It is so wonderful to be healthy and slim. I sure wish I could get all of those years back, and erase all the tears from disappointment while I had the band.
charla1019
on 11/6/08 6:57 am - Wayne, PA
Wow! You look GREAT! I am so glad to hear that RNY is different from Lapband...I am a little nervous. That is why I got Lapband because I was nervous to get RNY, but what a mistake Lapband was! I wasted my time and years. I should have just got RNY to begin with. Oh well, live and learn. I hope RNY will do well for me like it has you!! I will let you know when that time comes...

Thankyou for your reply I love reading everyone's stories, they help a lot!!
Charla
ek0226
on 11/9/08 2:42 am
I am thinking to have band over Gastrick By Pass.I gained 45 lb.in 2 yers.
Good luck to you
Most Active