Have anyone went from Lapb Band to Gastric Bypass need help bad

fortworthgal
on 11/9/08 1:39 am - Fort Worth , TX
I had a lap band for 4 years with no success and lots of problems and got a revision to gastric bypass on Aug 1. In a little over 3 months I have lost 43 pounds and have about 45 more to go. Unfortunatley for me, I developed blood clots and had to have 3 additional surgeries and spend a month in the hospital and took off 3 months from work when I was only planning on taking 3 weeks. I am doing better now and very happy I had it done. When I had my band, I still always wanted to eat. I still wanted to binge. I still had no control. The RNY has really changed that. I am not consumed with food thoughts now. I sometimes have to make myself eat because I dont even want to sometimes. I still keep track of everything I eat though and I never go over 1000 calories a day. Its very easy at this point. I hope it lasts!
fatcutie32
on 11/27/08 1:10 am - paducah, KY
I have been reserching the same thing. I had the lap- band in 2006 only loosing about 40 pounds. My insurence will not pay for the removal of the band or  for the gastric bypass.  I have told my doctor from the beginning that i was not getting full. Now my band is full with little weight loss success. Please keep me posted if can find some kind a loop- hole that might be able help I know that we are not the only ones going through this.
Most Active