banding after bypass?

crothers2003
on 10/29/08 6:48 am - Scottsville, VA
Is it possible to get a lapband after a RNY for a dilated stoma and if so.... do you guys know of anyone who does it?
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 1:11 pm, edited 10/29/08 1:15 pm - Togo

oops

Margie McQueen
on 11/1/08 5:55 am - Sebastian, FL
Not sure where "Scottsville, VA" is but I am working with Dr. Tran in Woodbridge, VA - I had RNY in February 2004 and have just received approval for a lapband... I am not familiar with the term dilated stoma but it is my belief that Dr. Tran would be able to discuss every option available and assist you in making the best decision.  Good Luck!! 
crothers2003
on 11/1/08 7:48 am - Scottsville, VA
I am  in Charlottesville. So you had a RNY and now you are going to have banding after your RNY. A dilated stoma means that this is the area just beneath the pouch that becomes widened not allowing the food to stay in the pouch as long. Is this what happened to you?
ek0226
on 11/9/08 2:36 am
I am also thinking to have band over RNY.I had RNY in 2004.I lost 90 lb.
I never reached my goal.I was 12 lb. away .I gained 45 lb ,then I lost 20 lb.Then I gained again 22 lb.I am trying to loose more now.So war I lost 9 lb. I spoke to my Dr.and she told me that it is possible to have band over RNY. A lot of people do it.
My freind had lap band but it had to be taken out.So I do not know what to do.
Any advise.
Thank you
Margie McQueen
on 11/1/08 1:51 pm - Sebastian, FL

The test I had done indicated the pouch had increased in size... also, my doc told me it is not uncommon for this to happen... none the less, I am ready to get back to losing... it is hard not to feel like a failure...

Most Active