Post op today, revision surgery 11/11/08

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 8:27 am
I had my post op today. It all went pretty well. Even better than the first time I got banded. I am getting revised to sleeve. I hope and pray this is the last time I undergo a revision.  I got banded about a year and 1/2 ago and was sent home the same day. With the sleeve, I will be there 2 days. I am trying to think of all the things I can do to make that 2 days go by fast and be as comfortable as possible. I am excited and ready to start my journey again. I hope and pray this will be the last revision I will ever need and things will work out this time. I look forward to losing again and all the benifits that come with being at a healthier weight.
Sally J.
vgrimli
on 10/29/08 5:54 am - Browns Valley, MN
I just had my revision on the 10-15-08 from lap band to sleeve.  Like you I went home the same day with the band but had surgery on Wednesday and went home on Saturday for the sleeve.  I spent as much time as I felt like walking.  The nurses could never find me in my room, they just started looking down the hall for me.  I did rest some each day, but tried to stay away from the bed.  Sat up, read, etc.  I pray too that this is the only and last revision I will need.  Good luck and I hope all goes as well for you as it has so far for me.

malia26
on 11/8/08 6:01 am - WI
Hey!  Good luck on surgery!  I'd think that your first day or almost the first day will be under an anesthetic haze!  lol  but after that, walk, maybe read a book, watch TV.  I hate pain meds and they make me so nausiated!
What happened with your band?  I just had mine out monday but it's because he was going to fix a slip and reposition it but there was too much scar tissue and he thought I'd end up with worse problems down the road...now I'm thinking of the sleeve.

169 155   
current/goal 

High: 281, Band removed:180,
Sleeved: 215

Most Active