Sliming after revision

hoofer4life
on 10/30/08 6:52 am - columbus, OH
 Jeanna,

I see that you had your revision in May. Sounds like you're doing great. What type of revision did you have? I've read so much about Dr. S on this board. I wish I lived in AZ! 

I started out at 325 lbs. and lost 127 lbs in six months. Then it stopped, like you said, dead in its tracks. It's only been recent (in the last two years) that I've gained 25 lbs back. But that weight gain has left me so depressed and disgusted with myself. I'm not sure why I've gained. I've even went back to my pre op days at Weigh****chers and tried the Body for Life program. I did not lose not one pound on either of those programs. In the meantime, I've developed vitamin deficiencies and dips in my glucose levels. 

I am currently at 223 lbs and honestly thought that the surgery would allow me to lose weight for 1-2 years to get close to goal. I barely made it under 200.  It's so depressing only losing 125 lbs and still being in the obese category. The thought of a revision scares me, but it also gives me hope for another chance. I appreciate your advice. I'd love to hear about your revision journey! 

ginau
on 10/30/08 7:34 am - mesa, AZ
Hoofer

What ever you do - stick with the support groups,  you can try the 5 day pouch diet to  get back some  restriction  but I am going yo make a  Guess that you along with many others have a wide open stoma that is allowing food to pass quickly ...   you never get "filled up" or that full satisfied feeling ??? am I right ?

Dr S  does an open procedure on his revisions , He goes in and checks the  connection and  moves it down stream ,, you have a shorted common channel that allows less food to be absorbed. creating  weightloss  Oh and while he is in there - He cleans up anything that needs to be taken care of , hernia's , scar tissue etc.....   he is an awesome surgeon !!

If your looking into revision - I suggest you Dr Shop!!  get the person you feel confident in .. Your going to be  long term with that Dr and if you dont like him/ her - your in trouble!

Get back on vitamins - I recently switched to  capsules  they disolve better and I think absorb better.

Dont be discouraged, you are still maintaining a good weightloss !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active