Sliming after revision

vaweber
on 10/27/08 12:57 am
This question is for those of you that have had a revision done from lap band to RNY or DS.  With the lap band, there is sliming and getting food stuck all the time.  Does this still happen with the other types of WLS?  Very seldom do I just feel the sensation of being full, its always the feeling of being stuck.  I hate it!
mew6495
on 10/27/08 1:26 am - MI
 I had RNY in 2001.  I never had the feeling of food being "stuck".  However, I did have the feeling of being full after just a very small portion of food.  Even 7+ yrs out, while I can eat more then immediately after the original surgery (obviously) I still get the sensation of full.  But full is a different feeling than what I was accustomed to pre wls.  You learn to read your body signals differently.
stacyrockette
on 10/28/08 1:27 pm - New York, NY

I had the RNY in 1998 and YES I have that. Food feels like it is stuck and then you get the thick saliva. I hear with the DS this doesn't happen, but since I don't have the DS I don't know for sure, but I don't think so…

vaweber
on 10/28/08 11:37 pm
Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate your input.  I'm waiting on a call from my doctor to see if he will do a revision for me.
charleston-mom
on 10/29/08 1:07 am
I had revision from lapband to RNY a year ago. I have never had another episode of "sliming" since getting that terrible band out. Good luck to you!
vaweber
on 10/29/08 4:49 am
Thanks!  That is great to know.....I don't think I could live the rest of my life sliming every time I try to eat something.  BTW, you look amazing!
hoofer4life
on 10/29/08 11:29 pm - columbus, OH
 I had the RNY in 2003 and periodically get the "slimies" and the food stuck thingy. For me, it usually happens with rice or other sticky foods. I am exploring revision options now. I hope that if I have a revision that I will no longer have this issue!
vaweber
on 10/30/08 12:59 am
thanks for the info....what type of revision are you leaning towards?
hoofer4life
on 10/30/08 1:18 am - columbus, OH
 I'm not sure yet. I'm not even aware of all the options. I'm still gathering info and researching. I go to see my RNY surgeon in mid November to figure out what is going on. I did not even get close to my goal and only lost the first six months with my RNY.
ginau
on 10/30/08 3:56 am - mesa, AZ
I can so relate to your situation, I lost for 13 months 130 lbs and stopped cold in my tracks,  I researched my Ins and they actually paid for the revision.  I still have 86 lbs to get to my goal weight - not the one my original surgeon set - I would never get there.

Even to this day I get foamies  and yack it up !!!  I have learned to stay away from most leftovers and chicken.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active