I was thinking...

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 10/26/08 11:46 am - Miami, FL
Has anyone had a revision from band to RNY, but decided to have the band replaced over new pouch during procedure in order to control the hunger? 

I just don't want to fail with the revision and and want the weight loss to be permanent .  Another concern is having another operation - God knows my husband has gives me the ol' guilt trip whenever I mention having bypass ( I have had a breast reduction that nearly costed me my life, 2 C-sections, and the lap-band) but sees nothing wrong with having a limphoma removed from my neck that is close to my spine - go figure .

At least with the band, my hunger is manageable but it is the consumption and quality of food that I worry about - that and my sweet tooth.  So I thought , "Why get rid of the band; just reuse over the new procedure?"  Is this possible?

Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

candycain1278
on 10/26/08 2:16 pm - Anderson, IN
I don't think they do this.   I could be wrong.  Where your band is now you will have a staple line.  The pouch is made just like your pouch is made by your band.
"Life is hard.  Afterall, it kills you."- Katherine Hepburn
SW 387.1/ CW 229.1/ GW 190 (Updated 7/27/10)

melati
on 10/28/08 2:34 am - Miami, FL
If you're asking if band over bypass is normally performed the answer is yes--it is one of the techniques used on failed bypasses.
Most Active