Having endoscopy tomorrow

RogerB
on 10/26/08 4:17 am - Laredo, TX
I had WLS in 1997 (stomach stapling). Going through the steps to have a revision. 
sande
on 10/26/08 7:14 am - britton, SD
I had my revision March 5,08.   My first sleeve was done in 1988.  I started having real bad reflux issues so my pcp sent me for a bunch of tests.  They found a hole in my staple line the size of a silver dollar.  I had started to gain some of the weight back so the surgeon said it needed to be done.  My stomach was quite damaged so he took most of it out.  He left me a stomach the size of a magic marker. That was 7mths an 50 pds ago and I couldn't be happier!   Wish you good luck and happiness with your revision.

RogerB
on 10/27/08 3:02 am - Laredo, TX
Thanks sande,
Just got home from the Hospital I guess everything went ok. Was your revision Laproscopy or open?

isaiah54mom
on 10/28/08 5:27 am - bartlesville, OK
Glad you are home and everything is ok. i had a VBG  20years ago. I am waiting to hear from my surgeon on a date for a DS. I weigh 352 lbs and am miserable. I completed my last step today. He wanted me on a c pap machine before I had the surgery. I met with the technician this morning and got my machine. they say this is going to give me more energy because the apnea is what is causing me to be so fatigued.  I had my endoscopy done a month ago. Wishing you all the best
mz jojo
RogerB
on 10/28/08 8:50 am - Laredo, TX

Thanks for the reply, I hate that I put the weight back on after my VBG, it just kinda slowly came back.  I have been on so many diets. good luck to you.

Roger   

sande
on 10/29/08 4:07 am - britton, SD
I had an open.  I had alot of scare tissue.  Dr. told me it could take anywhere from 3 hrs to 10 hrs. for the surgery.  It olny took about 3.  He didn't know what to expect  but all was good.  He is a good Dr.

Most Active