Revision this Tuesday

cuppyb
on 10/24/08 9:07 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

So I am completely starting to panic now.  

I am having my band removed and revision to RNY on Tuesday morning with Dr. Pohl at Roger Williams Hospital in Rhode Island.   Have no idea why I am so scared, wasn't at all the first time getting the band.   I have no second thoughts about wanting to get this band out of me and doing the bypass.  Just very scared and nervous about the cutting and stapling and how much pain will there be afterwards.  I had no pain with the band and was back to work in 2 weeks.  

I know in my head its ok to be nervous or scared and that it is only natural, just feel like I could use that versed (sp???) now.    During the week I am swamped with work and don't really have time to think about it, now that I am wide awake and the house is quiet (except for hubby's snoring) I have all the time in the world to freak out.  

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

MARTHA C.
on 10/25/08 2:52 pm
I had RNY 5 years ago and the pain was not so bad I only took pain meds for 2 days. just take it easy and you'll be fine. Good luck. Yes its normal to be scared and nervous. just take a deep breath and if you believe in praying, try praying it might bring you alittle peace. Good luck and check back after surgery to see how your doing....
specialwalnut
on 10/27/08 4:19 am - Bedford, VA
cuppyb
on 10/25/08 10:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Thank you.

to keep my mind busy I have decided to break down my bedroom, strip the wall paper and paint.  Now to get it all back together by tomorrow night. 

Oh well, hubby can sleep on the couch and fini**** while I'm in the hospital. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Madcow
on 10/26/08 3:05 am - MA
Wishing you the best of luck.  You will do fine.   I had the same surgery that you will be having about 4 weeks ago and am feeling pretty good right now and have lost 23 pounds so far!! 

Let us know how it goes when you are up to it!!

Rose

240/140/138
Ruth A.
on 10/26/08 3:06 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
You'll be fine - keep busy and you'll get through it.  Hope it goes well on Tuesday - keep us posted once you are feeling up to it.  I'd like to hear how you are doing...

hugs, Ruth
MARCIAM
on 10/26/08 10:24 am - Sayville, NY
Since it was only a little more than a month since my revision, I can honestly say that I should have never gotten the band in the first place.  I was so worried about all the complications I heard about with RNY that I truly believed that I would be sorry if I went with the RNY.  The only thing that I am sorry about is that I didn't have the RNY in the first place.  I feel fine. I am eating regular food (although much less than with the band) and I have lost 22 ponds since 9/22. It is perfectly natural to be nervous but believe me that it wasn't a big deal at all!  Good luck! I will be thinking about you and saving you a seat on the loser's bench right next to me!
Marcia

Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

cuppyb
on 10/27/08 10:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks everyone.

The hospital called and told me to be there at 11am tomorrow morning.  Just sitting here drinking my crystal light and I think I'm gonna pop a movie in.  

We painted our bedroom and did some rearranging of furniture so it looks great, and our housekeeper came today so my place looks wonderfull......wouldn't look like this without her.  So at least I don't have to rush around getting it straight and worrying about what it looks like when people come to visit.  

I'll be posting in a few days.........hoping the scale is good to me tomorrow following the pre-op diet.  

Most Active