Need the name of the best RNY to DS revision Surgeons Please

Jess B
on 10/24/08 12:19 pm - Simpsonville, SC
I am doing some research as I am having too many problems in my opinion from my RNY surgery so I would like the name of a few surgeons that are at the top of their field in doing revisions. I am most interested in the DS if there is anyone out there that can help me. Also if there is anyone out there that has had this revision preformed I would really love to hear your stories if you don't mind sharing.

Thank You,
Jess

Vicki PNW
on 10/24/08 3:54 pm
Here is the list of DS surgeons performing/not performing RNY-to-DS revisions in your region:

-  Dr. Gagner in Florida (formerly NY) performs RNY-to-DS revisions.  Members have reported that he is one of the best!
-  Dr. Hoddinott in Florida (formerly Pennsylvania) performs revisions.  However, it is not known if he performs revisions to DS.  He has moved his practice from Pennsylvania to Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala, Florida, where he practices with Dr. Overcash, according to a member on the DS board.  His phone number is 352-368-1661.  His website is http://www.floridabariatriccenter.org/
-  Dr. Maynard in Georgia performs virgin DS but not RNY-to-DS revisions.
-  Dr. Smith in Georgia recently sent out a statement on his Yahoo group that he now performs revisions to distal RNYs. However, he does not perform RNY-to-DS revisions, nor does he accept high-risk patients for the protection of his surgical stats.
-  Dr. Voellinger in NC does not perform RNY-to-DS revisions, although he does perform general revisions, according to a member on the Revision board.
-  Dr. Spaw in Tennessee does not perform any revisions of any kind, according to a member on the Revision board.
-  Dr. Elariney in Virginia performs RNY-to-DS revisions, according to a member on the DS board.  Another member reported that he has a mortality rate of zero with revisions. 

The following DS surgeons have no info pertaining to RNY-to-DS revisions or any other revisions:

-  Dr. Sudan in Nebraska.  However, he has moved his practice to Duke University in Raleigh, NC and will start performing DS in Oct/Nov of 2008 as soon as he becomes licensed to practice in NC, according to a member on the DS board.

Further info about each DS surgeon can be found in the following link:
http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html
Note: A few DS surgeons are not vetted into that website.

Hope this helps!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Jess B
on 10/24/08 4:20 pm - Simpsonville, SC
Thank you so much!

Katrina B.
on 10/25/08 12:07 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Don't forget Dr. John Husted in Somerset KY.
http://www.johnhustedmd.com/
Msdragonz
on 10/27/08 12:28 pm - NEPA, PA
I know it's really far off for you, but a few people from down your way have been helped by my surgeon- Dr Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ.  He is doing my revision from mini-gastric-loop to DS. I have heard nothing but excellant things:) I know of one person who drove 13 hours to see him.
RainyDayWoman
on 11/2/08 8:03 am - Fridley, MN
My surgeon, Dr. Henry Buchwald, has done some very tough revisions to DS.  He's also one of the most charming people I've ever met!
Lilypie - (SzbI)
Most Active