Dr. Kelly in Worcester Ma, What types of WLS does he do?? Please help me...

Magyargal
on 10/24/08 12:06 pm
Hi Everyone, 
            I went to his page from this site, and I do not see any information on him! That kind of makes me nervous..I don't know how many surgeries he has done, or what kind he does...  I would like to know what kind of revisions he does..Also I posted the questions below, but it seems no one can help me...I had a very up setting day today after finding out that now I may not be able to have surgery...PLEASE Help me for answers to my questions...Thank you so much any help at all......

From first post today....
         My name is Alizka, I live in Tewksbury Ma.  I also posted this at the gastric By pass site...My original Surgeon, Dr. Sandor, wants me to go to Dr. Kelly for a second opinion...And to see if he can do my surgery..I had Stomach stapling back in Feb 1992...My staple line opened into my stomach...The thing is I have had many stomach surgeries already. 4 C-Sections, hysterectomy, and Tummy tuck..So Dr.Sandor thinks I may have too many adhesion's, and too much scar tissues too i believe.....

I was just wondering if anyone has him or has had him for your Gastric by pass or revision...I would like to know what he will have us do, and how long it takes for him to do Surgery for his patients... My benefits are changing In January...I am biting my nails here.. i really hope BC/BS FEP will pay for a revision... Thank you so much for any help

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/08 11:45 am, edited 10/26/08 11:51 am - Togo
Magyargal
on 10/26/08 3:06 pm
The lap band? Do you have to go for fills for that one? If so forget it!!! I am a Home Health Aide. I take care of, and have taken care of many people who lap bands!!! They lose weight at first most just for 3-5 months, God as my witness!! Then gain back 15-20lbs. Then they go get it tighten again, lose maybe another 15-20 lbs. gain 10lbs. get it tightened again... and so on...I am not talking 5 patients! I am talking more around 25 people, men and women. OK so most are older, And had no choice but to have the band. Between 55-68 years old. Also I know a woman who works at out local post office and she had the lap band, the no fill one. She is pretty upset with it, She is having sort of the same issues..But at least she is staying steady at her weight now. She was 290lbs and is at 246 now and can not get below over a year now..So don't think I'll go that way, it is not worth it.. My Doctor is way too far for me to travel back all the time. My car has over 200,000 miles and is a 1994. So my car could never take it..Plus I would never get time off of work to go for the fills or tighten of the any type of band..So I guess I'll die from complications of being over weight if I can't get the RNY. I do wish you the best with yours..Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

mew6495
on 10/27/08 4:33 am - MI
 Hi Magyargal,

There are several types of revisions out there that are available to you.  There are also many people who have had previous stomach stapling, RNY etc who have and are having revisions.  I myself have had  7 abdominal surgeries and just had a revision to my 2001 RNY.  I chose the ERNY rather then having my pouch taken down again.  I would suggest going to the different boards, Lap Band, DS, RNY etc and reading and posting to start your information gathering.  I do know there are many individuals who have had the lap band who are now wanting them out because of numerous issues. Quite a few of them have shown up on this revision board as well.  It is true that a revision dealing with a previous surgery that affected the stomach is a higher risk but it is not impossible and is being done all the time.  

Truth is, none of us here are doctors.  ONLY a doctor/surgeon will be able to tell you whether it can be done or not.  The best thing you can do for yourself is find a very good revision surgeon that you have faith in.  There are some out there and how limited you will be is if you are willing to travel or not.  But please do your research.  Good Luck to you.
Most Active