on 10/24/08 3:21 am
for insurance purposes?

Just curious.
Magyargal
on 10/24/08 5:10 am
Magyargal
on 10/24/08 5:15 am
Post Date: 10/24/08 12:10 pm
You are not going to believe this!!! But I just got off the phone with my insurance company... I called the for the same question and several others.  My Insurance BC/BS FEP, does not require a diet. 

But your Surgeon may require you to lose weight before they will do surgery...Most are 10% of your body weight.  I had Stomach stapling done in Feb of 1992...Because my staples opened up, I am able to have surgery..My surgeon told me today.  But most Insurance company's will not pay for revision! Again my insurance told me they would.

My Surgeon may not do my surgery.. He is referring me to another Surgeon..My Surgeon will call him and tell him about my case.. Then that Surgeon, who was my surgeons teacher... will let my Doctor know if he meaning  "my Doctor" should go a head with it or if the teaching Surgeon will do it... I had too many stomach surgery's 4 C-Sections, Gall bladder, hysterectomy, Tummy tuck, and last but not least Stomach stapling...Do you have your appoval already?? God Bless, take care, Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

CancerianDiva
on 10/24/08 6:00 am
No, I have just started on this process.  I have 6 months worth of supervised weight checks.  So, no approval just yet.  I was just curious.
Magyargal
on 10/24/08 8:09 am
Before you go through all the test and everything I went through, call you insurance company and make sure they cover revision!!!!! Please do not go through all that for 6 months just to find out you are covered...

I just looked up my policy online and it does no say it will cover my revision....I found this out only because my daughter works for BC/BS...and she told me to go to the web site for my insurance to read about what is covered and isn't...Guess I was missed informed! But I Pray I missed something.......

So now I am bummed out big time!!! Take care,  Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active