need some advice please!!!

Elizadolittle
on 10/23/08 4:59 am
Hello, I had gstric bypass in 04. Thinsgs were going well but I never got down to my goal weight. I moved from the area (southern California) where I had my surgery so I wasnt near my surgeon. I had several episodes of pain on the left side inder my rib and went to the Dr. once for it but they found notheing. Then 1 year ago this month I was rushed to the hospital and they found i had a perferated stomach, I had emergency surgery and the surgeon said the perforation was next to the stoma. well, I have gained 35 lbs this past year and have an abdomen full of hernias. I was looking inot having the hernias repaired but as I have read some of the info on this sight I may have had some kind of mechanicl failure . Does anyone think this could be the case? I now live in Amarillo Texas there is only one Bariatric Dr here I called to make an appointment and the receptionist said that I need to make sure my inurance covers bariatrics. I was a little confused becasue if this was a mechanicle failure it would be different then being originally approved for gastric by pass. Please can anyone shed some light on this subject .

Thanks !!!!!! Liz
Most Active