Puzzled about revisions

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/08 5:01 am
I am going to get a 2nd opinion on this in November... I had Lap RNY in 02 lost over 100 but I still have about 100 to lose and have gone back to basics, South Beach, Liquid diet...different exercise programs and can't seem to break more than 10lbs up or down....I have read a lot of info about revisions and was wondering what the benefits or drawbacks are for the different types... don't know a lot about DS yet.... any thoughts? Thanks
ginau
on 10/22/08 6:52 am - mesa, AZ

Have you had an testing done to rule out Mechanical failure ??  there has to be a reason for lack of weightloss...  an uperr G.I  or E.G.D.  might give some  information.

There are lots of options  for you - It's just a matter of what you are willing to deal with ...
 I chose to  go a more mal- absorb procedure and not let the Dr cut on my pouch - why risk additional  infections and other complications - Dr S just shortened my Common channel, Now I absorb less of the calories and  fats , weightloss has been great , - there are a few of us here on the board  that have this procedure.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/08 11:53 pm
I had an EGD in Jan 08 that found an enlarged stoma and an ulcer at the stoma... I qualified for the ROSE but then they closed the study. My original surgeon doesn't believe in revisions and won't do them... that is why the second opinion...   I am anxious to see what he recommends.
It sounds like the DS would have a better long term success rate... the only part that scares me is diarrea problems... had a co-worker that had surgery when DS was very new and she used to 'go' constantly and often had 'accidents'... is this something you have had to deal with?
Most Active