Thinking of having a revision

TheRoss
on 10/21/08 8:30 am - Atlanta, GA

Hey everyone.

I had my gastric bypass in December of 2003. I was 625 pounds, my surgery was performed by Dr. Sidney Appel out of Dekalb medical Center in Georgia, who is now retired. Dr. Steinberg treats his patients, but I found out that Dr. Steinberg does not do revisions. My lowest weight was 355 pounds, and now I am back up to 450. I went through an extremely ugly divorce, involving my wife having an affair with my best friend, and it sent me into a pretty bad depression, where I turned to some really old bad habits, and unfortunately have really ruined the progress I made.

I am considering having a revision. I guess my questions are, what surgeons in Georgia will perform them? Anyone have experience having a revision? Any recommendations? Does anyone have experience getting a revision approved by Cigna? Is the approval process for a revision harder than the inital approval process? Any advice at all?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - Ross

AphY Girl
on 10/21/08 10:50 pm
Doctor Procter in Gainsville - he also works out of Northside Forsyth Hospital.  He is going to be doing my revision to either a DS or an ERNY.

Good luck!

Rebecca T.
on 10/22/08 12:55 am - KISSIMMEE, FL
Hi.
I had lap RNYGPB 9/03.  I lost 108 lbs. and have put back on about 60 lbs.  I am scheduled for a revision next Mon.
My advice is this:
Don't give up.  It was really hard for me to go back to my surgeon and admit I screwed up.  But you know what?  I am worth another chance.  With all the money, time and effort I've put into this, it's a reasonable thing to do.
Good luck.
Rebecca
Most Active