Failed RNY!!!!

shellbell1126
on 10/20/08 3:49 pm - West Mifflin, PA
Everyone of these post I have read are about failing RNY because of weight gain.... I myself have and am going through RNY failure not due to gaining weight but just the opposite, Im LOSING  & LOSING & LOSING..... cant stop, i am so sick, I consider myself anorexic, Im malnutritioned have all type of defiences.... Im finally going for a second opinion for a complete reversal, I just want to put some weight on, I wanna feel good again.... any suggestions??????
ginau
on 10/20/08 9:42 pm - mesa, AZ
Oh My that is a problem !  

My suggestion would be  to do everything we are told not to do

Drink your calories ,,  add  whole fat milk to protein shakes - you still need protein,
add fruit as well - in heavy syrup

Drink with your meals ,,, eat heavy carbs...   I wish you luck - I have a friend going thru this too !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 10/21/08 1:13 am - Layton, UT

Hey there Shellbell!

Though I'm not nearly as tanked with everything as you describe yourself to be; I do have to "work" at it to maintain weight and not lose more.  I've been working out finally to try and build up some strength. but, if I don't guzzle 3 or 4 high calorie protein drinks on the days I do some cardio, then I drop 5 pounds in 1 day.

I've found that if I still eat heathy foods but drink during my meals; then it pushes hte food through so I can eat more.  I know that breaks the "rules of the pouch".  But, it's what I have to do for now.

As for malnutrition......I'd suggest contacting Michelle (also known as vitalady= www.vitalady.com)....she is coaching zillions of us across the world on supplements that we can actually absorb.  she knows the garbage we shouldn't spend money on and which types of vites will help us.   She can help you get your lab values back into the safe/ normal ranges and will help you with the verbage to get the labs ordered you need from your surgeon or pcp.

It's easy to take a nap and just let it happen!  Don't do it sweetie pie!  Don't mess with malnutrition!  It CAN be fatal!!!!  BE proative.  Get a team together to keep you going....maybe family, friends, docs, vitalady, US!!!!

And....consider that sometimes an additonal corrective surgery may be the answer.  I'm doing everything possible to put off a reversal but if  I can't get my labs in a healthy range then I will definitely do what I need to do.  LIFE is PRECIOUS!!!  Let's take care of it!!!

Big Huggggzzzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Bikka0804
on 11/1/08 6:26 pm
I would love to come meet and talk with you.  I don't live too far from you and would like some advice.  I am about 5 yrs out and totally disappointed with my RNY.  I don't know of anyone who has had any gastric procedures that I can talk to.
Most Active