From sleeve to bypass

ccrider
on 10/18/08 12:30 am
I had a VSG 1-10-2008.  The surgeon who performed my sleeve put a mesh around it and told me the reason he did was so that it would creat a scar tissue and the scar tissue would prevent the sleeve from stretching out.  As it goes I began to have problems with stomach pain.  Not the kind of fullness you get when you eat a thanksgiving dinner but the kind of pain you get when some one punches you in the stomach.  I knew I wasn't over eating because I can only eat 1/2 a cup at a time and it wouldn't happen all the time.  I thought it was just normal for this to happen.  The surgeon who did my sleeve left the state where I had the surgery and I was sent a notice that I needed to find another doctor to follow me.  My insurance company was finally able to find a surgeon who would follow me.  Thank goodness.  When I went to see him I explained to him what was going on and he was concerned that I developed a stricture and sent me for an UGI.  I did have a small stricture and now he's planning on doing an EGD to take a better look.  He told me he could fix it by doing a bypass.  I have a few questions if anyone can give me any insight.  If anyone has had a sleeve then a bypass I would appreciate any infor you could share.  I would also like to hear from anyone who has had a stricture from scar tissue then had to have some kind of revision.  I am pretty upset and scared. 

Most Active