When can you be considered for revision?

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 3:04 pm, edited 10/19/08 3:06 pm - AZ
Shelia,

His correct spelling is Schlesinger.
You can type in the search line ABC's of revision;s for Dr Schlesinger. I would be best to call his office to get a quote. His # is 1 480 419 2280. Patients fly from all over to have him do their surgery's. He even does consults on the phone. You can even shoot him a email and he will reply to you. He does his own group meetings. For people that live far away he will be setting up a conference call for his monthly meeting.
ginau
on 10/19/08 10:25 pm - mesa, AZ
Good morning Sheila

Uf you go to the surgeon listings, he is in Phoenix Az,  you will find him under AZ weight loss solutions. Dr S ( cuz that name is a mouthful) is an awesome surgeon, he does all procedures and really focus's on the patient.  P.M. me with any special questions you may have ..   Weather right now is great!! good place to come for a revision and get away  from Mid-West weather.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca T.
on 10/22/08 1:03 am - KISSIMMEE, FL
Talk with your surgeon.  Mine had me try meds first but was wonderful in working with me, even though I was initially afraid to even visit the subject.  I was self pay for the original and am self pay for the revision. 
good luck
Rebecca
mrsedaddy
on 10/19/08 2:21 am - Spring, TX
I have a friend who had the RNY and is having the same problems.  She's not interested in a revision, but she realized that she was eating too many carbs and went back to the 'basics' and dropped 15lbs in three weeks.  Not assuming that's your problem, because I know how hard it is for her.

I can speak from the revision side, I had a lap band in 2005 and did well at first, but had problems with fills etc. and then the weight started to come back on.  I made the decision to be revised to the DS, simply because (assuming no complications) I did not want to have to have another surgery.    My insurance company wanted a letter from my doctor stating that I need a revision, and that my BMI was still considered MO.  It definitely was!!  UHC had very little restriction on revisions and surgeries.  The only thing they would not cover was the sleeve.

Best wishes to you!!
Tough times don't build character, they reveal character.

SW (12.1.08):  310
CW: 210
GW (whenever God gets me there):  160ish

charleston-mom
on 10/29/08 1:28 am
40 pounds isn't much at all. Why not try to lose it first - go totally back to basics. Revision surgery is dangerous, much more dangerous than first time WLS. You would be taking a very big risk for not much weight to lose. I'd be surprised if a surgeon would taken on revision WLS for someone that was only 40 pounds overweight because the risks outweigh the benefits. Could you try cutting carbs out? Maybe join the gym and really work out? If you're eating the wrong things, even with a revision, the same thing will happen in a year or so. I wouldn't take the risk of the surgery for just 40 pounds. When I had my revision, I was well aware there was a good chance I could die and orphan my kids, but I was critically ill from my lapband and there just wasn't a choice. Revision surgery is just so major - I think I would try everything in my power to drop those few pounds on my own before I would consider it. I bet just cutting carbs would do it.
Most Active