Amout Left or Bypass during Revision Surgery

annieb04
on 10/16/08 7:11 pm

How much is usually bypass (or common channel left) during a RNY revision surgery?

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 8:15 pm - AZ
Hi,

I suggest reading Dr Schlesinger;s ABC's of revisions. It talks all about revisions. It was a very helpful site for me to look at before I saw DR Schlesinger for the first time. Just type in the search line  ABC's of revision's. There are 2 different parts of this. But he goes into depth quite a bit. Good Luck!!!
mew6495
on 10/17/08 6:23 am - MI
The common channel number is just that, a number.  It can mean different things to different patients.  Dr. S. does some between 75 cm and 100 cm (common with the DS).  It would depend on what you would need.

Dawn's suggestion was excellent.  The ABC's of revision has a lot of info in it and if you haven't already, I would suggest reading it.  It also gives you a good insight of what this dr is all about.  He is excellent both with his skills and his patients!

Good Luck to you. 
annieb04
on 10/18/08 3:00 am
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will review this information. I'm aware that this doctor is offering revisions. Since I am approved for the revision, I want to see what the cost would be for me to have it at his location. My surgeon has has tossed numbers around which means he doesn't  know what to do...

Thanks again.
Most Active