Cost of Dr. S Revision Surgery in AZ

annieb04
on 10/16/08 7:09 pm
How much does Dr. S. in Arizona charges for his revision surgery. My insurance pays 50% of Reasonable and Customary costs. 

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 8:07 pm - AZ
Annieb04,

That is a very good question for Dr Schlesinger's office girls. My insurance paid it  and I never got a bill from them.  You can call his office at 480 419 2280. I can tell you he is a great doctor and very carrying. He is having a support group meeting this Saturday and it would be great to meet you. He has lap banders, RNY's, Revision and DS patients. Please check previous post because the site has moved to a different building. You can also ask his office girls where the new location is. If you have any questions you can PM me and I will be happy to help you. Welcome to the site!!!
annieb04
on 10/18/08 3:10 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. Everyone has been very helpful. My surgeon seems uncertain in his approach which is why I am looking at other options. I will call the office.

Thanks again
mew6495
on 10/17/08 6:18 am - MI
 I originally thought I was going to be self pay (still might, insurance hasn't paid yet)   Anyway, it would depend on what type of revision you are having as he does them all.  For the ERNY it is somewhere in the neighborhood of ~23,000.  Of course, like mentioned previously you would have to call his office to get the exact amount.  Hope this helps.
Ruth A.
on 10/17/08 6:43 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
What did the $23000 include?  Is that including follow ups, all hospital care etc.?  I presume you had hotel costs on top of that? 
ginau
on 10/18/08 12:40 am - mesa, AZ
Ruth
 Best to call , sometimes there can be some negotiation  with Hospital costs !  I can tell you in my HONEST  opinion Dr Schlesinger is worth  checking into . He cares about his patients , Ya never know - he may shoot you an email one day !   

I havent seen him post in a while. 
Ruth A.
on 10/18/08 2:16 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks.  All I hear about Dr S is complimentary, so he rates highly for me.  He seems veyr caring in his posts that I've read.

Hmm...maybe I need to make a telephone call.

Ruth
annieb04
on 10/18/08 3:07 am
Thanks everyone for your comments. Its very helpful. I had a RNY and started at 295 in 2002 and am now 225. My physician is considering distal. I don't want to lose to much nor do I want to have extreme vitamin defiency due to malabsorption. My surgeon has tossed out bypassing an either leaving 50, 75, or 100 in the channel. This means he is uncertain which is not good. 

I have sent an email to Dr S. office and I will follow up with a phone call. My insurance company will pay 50% for out of network cost. I'm trying to see what that means for his office.

Thanks this has been helpful. 
annieb04
on 10/19/08 4:47 pm
This is probably a new question. Does Dr. S. tend to do open revisions as opposed to a lap?

Just wondering....
Paula Prichard
on 10/20/08 5:10 am - Kingman, AZ
I'm having my revision with him in the next month or two and he said it would be open.

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Most Active