Dr. Lautz

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 1:41 am
I have just read about Dr. Lautz and it sounds like he is extremely good and I was wondering if anyone here has had him for a revision of an RNY? Any thoughts or comments? Thanks
Valerieb09
on 10/15/08 12:50 pm - Seacoast, NH
I had my revision from lapband to RNY with Dr. Lautz on June 9, 2008.  I am doing really well and down about 63+ lbs.  Eating is no problem now and I can enjoy chicken and many other things I could not eat before.  My surgery was a bit complicated due to adhesions from my kidney removed 5 years ago and he found an umbilical hernia he repaired.  But I came through it and am so glad I had this done.
He is a fabulous surgeon with excellent surgical skills.  He many happy, satisfied patients and he has done a fair number of revisions this year alone.  I am sure some of his other revision patients will come along and post their response too.
You might post this on your state board too.  I drive 90 miles one way to see him and he has quite a few patients from New Hampshire.  He is well worth the drive.
Valerie
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 3:00 am
Congrats on the 63+!!! Since June? That is awesome!
I have a feeling that I may have adhesions or something not quite right in there plus I have a lot more to lose and I'm 6 yrs out... so I am looking fwd to meeting Dr. Lautz, thanks so much for your response...very encouraging. Keep up the good work
Valerieb09
on 10/16/08 5:31 am - Seacoast, NH
Thank you!
Also Dr. Lautz does bariatric research so he is solely focused on bariatric surgery.  The weight has come off pretty effortlessly compared to the lapband.  I just turned 54 years old last month so I am probably his "oldest" revision patient....lol.
I have had to dig out some smaller clothes from years ago. On my first post op visit which was 2 weeks, 2 days from my surgery date I lost 23 lbs.  With my lapband my first post-op visit was only 16 lbs. lost. 
Dr. Lautz was very pleased with my progress.  When I saw him on August 14th is was 43 lbs. lost. They do charge a program fee of I believe $550.  It used to be $500.  I gladly paid.  Dr. Lautz did place my lapband as that was the WLS surgery I chose.  In  hindside, it was the wrong choice.
Valerie
Most Active