Re-Post: Want other people's opinion..

Jessica B.
on 10/14/08 9:31 am - Hodgenville, KY
Hello everyone, here is what is going on..  I Had RNY about 4 years ago. I haven't regained any weight.  I was actually stuck at 250 for like the last 3 years.  I recently had another hernia repair and am at the lowest weight I have ever been.. around 237.  I have recently been looking into a DS revision, but my hubby is dead set against it.  His thinking is I haven't been able to stick to the diet and had problems with my vitamins, so if the first surgery didn't work and I wasn't able to stick to the rules then there is no need to risk my life for another surgery when I will fail that one too.  Which I can see his reasoning..  I have started excercising more and trying to eat less and more of the things I should.. but I find that the more I try to watch what I eat the more I seem to sabotage myself.  I just know that I can't stand myself like this.  I am constantly worrying about my body and thinking negative thoughts about myself.  Anyway.. I would like to know what my OH family would do? Should I keep trying with this surgery?  I was thinking of atleast attending a seminar or talking to the doctor about my concerns.. Any comments will be greatly appreciated!!

Jessica
ShayZ
on 10/14/08 10:49 am - Somewhere, TX
I think you already answered your question...continue doing research and try to find what is right for you.  Also I have found that counseling has helped me.  I am not sure there are any WLS patients who aren't at odds with their bodies and self-esteem but I have recently started doing what I should have continued 6 years ago when I originally had surgery.  Good luck with everything and pray.
keenergel
on 10/15/08 12:29 am - OH
Stop beating yourself up.  WLS is still a relatively new science (even after well-nigh 35+ years) and the doctors are learning daily what does and doesn't work.  The post-op advice I was given after my first surgery is laughed at today.  I know some of Dr. Hess's first DS patients and they (over 10 years later) are still happy with that choice. We all need to eat better and exercise more.  Hell the whole country needs to too.  Go the meetings and interview prospective surgeons.  You will know when you find the right answer for youself and your family.  Remember the old adage about  flipping a coin "If you don't like the answer flip it again...eventually you will know what answer you are seeking."  Good luck and YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! 

Most Active