Doctor Recommendation - Revision

IvaQ
on 10/12/08 6:00 am, edited 10/12/08 6:02 am
Hi folks!

I'm looking for a doctor who specializes in revisions in the Los Angeles area.

Does anyone have a doctor to recommend in this area?

I will be going from a RNY to ? (haven't decided on what procedure to pursue)

Any assistance you can offer would be apreciated.
jinks
on 10/14/08 3:10 pm
Dr. Crookes is my doc and will not do a surgery just because the patient wishes it. He will review everything with you and then tell you what he thinks is best.
It is the duty of the Patriot to protect his country from his government.~ThomasPaine~

IvaQ
on 10/15/08 7:05 am
Thank you for the recommendation...I've heard of him.

I'm curious too..what is a "program fee"?

Anyone else with a doctor recommendation??
Vicki PNW
on 10/12/08 7:41 am
I would suggest that you consider a revision to DS.  Dr. Peter Crookes at USC performs such revisions, but he is very selective.  He does not charge a program fee.

Another doctor to consider is Dr. Ara Keshishian, who now has an office in Glendale as well as in Delano.  However, he does charge a $4K program fee, which is not reimbursed by insurance.

Further info about each DS surgeon can be found in the following link:
http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html

It would be helpful for you to visit the Duodenal Switch board and ask questions and express your concerns.

Hope this helps!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

mipo1
on 10/14/08 4:44 am - Lowell, MA
Wow a  $4,000 program fee!  whats that all about and what does it entail?   I'm trying to find a way to have revision done in Massachusetts from a RNY  I have an appt to see a surgeon in a few months to see what can be done. I already had the Restore procedure done and fir me it was a failure, the anastamosis site is just too large.     
Magyargal
on 11/1/08 2:36 pm
                     Yes I know it is crazy!! Having to pay a program fee. My new Doctor charges one and will not give a price over the phone!!! I have to go to his meeting to find out! Plus all the cost that you have to  for the surgery.. About $7,000-$8,000's That your health insurance does not pay. We have to pay 15%-20% of what the surgery cost. That is with BC/BS.  15% = $6.000, 20%= $8,000, that is if the surgery cost  only $40,000's. Revisions are very expensive. And that is not counting the hospital stay, Anesthesiologist, Meds.. Etc.. I have been told. I Pray this is not true!!! Maybe BC/BS was trying to scare me!!! If that is it, then they sure did a good job!!! I wish you the best.. Let me know how you make out. Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

JRinAZ
on 10/15/08 8:24 am - Layton, UT
I definitely recommend Dr. Eric Schlesinger.  Many on this site have had him do their revisions.  He offers every type from Band to DS or Extended Rny to sleeve....I think the only one he has issues with is revising to a band OVER the Rny.....I think he said it has potential for too many complications i.e. reflux, erosion, slippage, etc.

Folks travel from all corners to have him as their surgeon.  ....  He does phone consults too!

Good luck!  A great surgeon can certainly make all the difference to one's success!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

IvaQ
on 10/15/08 9:21 am
Thank you Joyce!

But I have to stay in the Los Angeles area for my surgery.

Most Active