Dr. S is AWESOME.....Approved to travel back to MI

mew6495
on 10/10/08 9:09 am - MI
 I had my 1 week follow up with Dr. Schlesinger today.  Everything went well and I am on the "loosers" bench again!  Dr. S gave me my OK to travel back to MI since I am doing well.  This doctor and his surgical team is one of the best, surgeons/teams I have had and met.  (I have had 6 previous surgeries).  He is very talented, compassionate, professional and cares a great deal about his patients and individuals suffering obesity.  Using him as my revision surgeon was one of the best decisions I could have made for myself and my weight problem.   
stacyrockette
on 10/10/08 10:15 am - New York, NY
Hello Mew6495,

I am so happy for you and glad everything is looking good!

I really got the feeling from Dr. S's post he is up and above many Dr.'s.

I am so happy you got him. Have a safe trip back home...

Hopefully I will be joining you on the loser bench soon... Have a great weekend...

Take Care, Be Safe

mew6495
on 10/10/08 11:14 am - MI
 Thank you Stacyrockette!  I appreciate your well wishes.  I wish you luck on your revision and that it happens very soon for you.  Please keep us posted on how it is going for you.  Good Luck to You!
Deanne K.
on 10/10/08 11:18 am - Tucson, AZ
Good that you are going back home so soon.  I sure wish you would have been around on Monday when I come up for my 6 week checkup.    I am wishing you a very safe and speedy ride home.  Let us all know when you get home.
Deanne
mew6495
on 10/10/08 11:39 am - MI
 Thank you Deanne, that would have been so nice.  Good luck on your check up.  Are you feeling better?  The well wishes are appreciated.
Deanne K.
on 10/10/08 12:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am doing so much better than I was.  I am scheduled to go back to work on Wednesday.  I sure don't want to go back, but I really don't have much time off left.  I need to save it for Christmas closure that the university is closed.  I still have no energy, but I suspect that will get better as it goes along.
ginau
on 10/10/08 10:38 pm - mesa, AZ
Wow

And I never got ot come up and meet you !!   I am bum'd  -But very happy you get to go home feeling better.  I am sure the car trip will be a little bumpie - so make sure to take some extra cushions  with you ....

Maybe next year we can have an aniversry party

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 10/11/08 10:27 am - MI
 Hey Jeanna!  How are you?

An anversry party would be awesome!  You can count me in.  I also wanted to say THANK YOU for the call the night before my surgery!  You really helped calm my nerves and I so enjoyed talking to you.  Your support is wonderful!  Thanks again.
latinasoi
on 10/11/08 5:33 am, edited 10/13/08 4:34 am - Orlando, FL
YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  I WANT TO GOT TO AZ FOR MY REVISION!!!!! I AM WEIGHING 207 I AM TRULY HEARTBROKEN WITH MYSELF!!!!

MUCH LOVE TO ALL YOU GALS
JRinAZ
on 10/11/08 4:32 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there girlfriend!
Let us know when you land safely home!!  .....AND....be sure and give us the "skinny" about YOU and your trip! 

You are right about our wonderful revision doc!  Dr. Schlesinger somehow manages to maintain a Country Doctor closeness with his patient's in spite of his BIG city business! 

I'm getting ready for a Body Lift in a few weeks and Dr. S came to my rescue this weekend to help me get ready with labs, prescriptions, etc.!!!  Hmmmmmmmmm......do you think he ever sleeps? 

Happy losing!  It's a FUN ride!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active