revision from VSG

Blue_skys
on 10/9/08 3:36 pm - WI
Ok here is the deal. I'm looking into getting the sleeve but I want to know if there is anyone on here wanting a revision due to gaining back the weight. My Ins may not cover the sleeve. If I can't get the sleeve I will get the DS. I'm worried about the DS because my husband travels all over with his job. So I'm worried about the regular visits for blood test. If the sleeve does not keep the weight off then I may go ahead with the DS. Any help would be appreciated. I know everyone loves the surgery they have. Just looking to see if there is any revisions from the sleeve. I have been told to look on here because there is. thanks for the help. Skye
MyQnA
on 10/9/08 7:30 pm
I know this sounds like second hand information but, I am also looking into a revision from a VSG to a DS.  My very close friend she is really like a second mother had the VSG in December.  She is following all of her surgeons requirements to the letter.  Over the past month she has gained 10lbs.  So she is concerned that she will need a revision and wants a DS.  I do hope you find the information you need as I am having hard time find information for her.

Kind Regards,
maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Blue_skys
on 10/9/08 9:11 pm - WI
I do not have a vsg as of yet. I'm trying to decide between the 2.  So I was just looking for someone to talk to with the sleeve that has had the revision. I have been told that there were some on the revision board. So I'm just looking to see if any are here to talk to. Thanks Skye
Beth K.
on 10/27/08 1:37 am - Finksburg, MD
I am just thinking about it right now. I have an appt. to talk to the DS Surgeon in Nov. I have lost about 80 lbs so far with the sleeve and am very happy with the progress but for the last couple of months it has been very slow; extremely slow that it is frustrating. I am just going to talk to him and am going to talk about a longer common channel than the standard, thus reducing the malabsorption degree. Anyway, after I talk to him I will be back ;-). Good luck to you but the sleeve has been great!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/vsgswith150ormoretogo/welcome/
46 lbs lost pre-op www.phmiracleliving.com Eat Healthy to Stay Healthy
    www.shrinkyourself.com

Most Active