Anyone have a revision with Houston/Olsen in Nashville, TN?

New-But-Old
on 10/8/08 11:16 am
I have been a member on this board for about two years but have never posted.  When I tried to log on to post, I discovered I couldn't remember my password.  Thus, I am now New-But-Old. 

I had RNY surgery May, 06 at Vanderbilt University with Dr. Alfonso Torquati.  I lost 80 pounds in the first year but then the weight loss stopped.  Fast forward 16 months and I have gained 35 pounds.  I had an upper GI in July and have an enlarged stoma.  My husband, sister, and best friend have also had RNY and have all done well.  My surgery has seemed different from their's since just a few months out. I did it all, protein, water, exercise, supplements, vitamins, everything.  They all dump, eat limited protein, drink little water, no exercise, and are at or near goal weight.  I'm glad they have had great success with their surgery and wonder what made mine so different. 

Anyway, I am looking at a revision.  Vanderbilt does not do revisions.  Dr. Husted is not in my insurance network.  Has anybody had a revision with Drs. Houston or Olsen at Centennial Hospital in Nashville?  What type of revision did you have and what results have you experienced? 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

New-But-Old
Most Active