New member trying to post

Hazeleyes922
on 10/8/08 8:30 am
New member interested in revision surgery from lap band to gastric bypass.
I wrote a nice message before and now I can't find it...it said..... for years I have been reading your messages. I've prayed when you needed and celebrated  with you as well.
I feel a little down right now. I received the bad news of being denied for surgery. My insurance claims there is n not enough evidence that the band is actually causing a problem.  It seems that my deteriorated health has nothing to do with their decision.
Anyone in my shoes, what can I do? please help me.
thank you
mew6495
on 10/8/08 9:23 am - MI
 Is there information available to submit that you have not submitted yet?  

If not, APPEAL!  A lot of insurance companies will deny hoping that will be the end and the patient will just quietly go away.  Some will reverse their decision when an appeal goes through.  If that doesn't work I have seen other posts here where they had used Obesitylaw.com (I hope I got that right) to file an appeal and have won.

Never stop giving up.  Good luck to you.
Hazeleyes922
on 10/8/08 11:24 am
thank you for your reply  (my first reply ever!!!)
I will have to contact Obesitylaw.com to appeal, they want me to have an upper GI. I am contacting my general doctor to write a letter to my insurance as well.  You know, I had a potential date for surgery (11/4/08) and now who knows when this will be.
I was not counting with this bad bad news today...................I had so many plans...
Most Active