Had Dr. Appointment today

shellbell1126
on 10/8/08 12:41 am - West Mifflin, PA
Well, I went and seen the Dr. today, I am so disgusted, he wants me to wait another 2 weeks before he makes a decision, in the mean time I have malasorption, malnutritioned, B-12 defiency, Calcium defiency, Iron defiency, Osteoporosis and to top it all off I have fibromyalgia!  I had this surgery to improve my health not deplete it, I am so scared and very discouraged now, should I seek another opinion?
mew6495
on 10/8/08 1:49 am - MI
 I think I responded to your previous post a bit to late.  Sorry about that.  

Why does your doctor want you to wait?  Does he understand how worried and scared you are?  I guess I don't understand their thinking about this.  I mean it seems like you have been dealing with this for a while so it can not be because they think you haven't thought it through enough.

Have they put you on prescription iron, B-12 etc or infusions?  or are they just relying on over the counter stuff?  I guess I don't understand their complacency surrounding your case.  

Hang in there.  I hope everything works out for you.
shellbell1126
on 10/8/08 6:59 am - West Mifflin, PA
Thank you so much, nope no prescription vitamins still trying over the counter stuff.... Im trying to stay strong and hang in there but its getting harder everyday. My poor husband and girls I feel so bad for them, they dont know whether im coming or going my mood swings are up and down and I try so hard not to take it out on them Im just so lost.... Im scared that this WLS is gonna kill me before I find someone to "FIX" me.... 
mew6495
on 10/8/08 9:15 am - MI
 I would definitely start searching around for another doctor for a second opinion.  How long ago did you have the RNY?  I am suspecting quite awhile ago.  With a bmi of 17, seems low.  I know during my first year and half I lost quite a bit of weight but then bounced back and put some on.

There are many revision doctors available out there.  Some with more experience then others and each having their own speciality.  Are there other "RNY" surgeons in your area? If you are looking for a reversal only perhaps one of them can help you out or give you some good options.  If you are willing to  or can travel there are some very good revision doctors also.  I traveled to AZ for my revision and I am glad I did.  The doctor I chose has a lot of experience in many different types of revisions, is an awesome surgeon and is great with patients.  

shellbell1126
on 10/8/08 9:52 am - West Mifflin, PA
I had RNY 4 years ago, I keep trying to put the weight on but it seems the harder I try the more I lose, its driving me crazy!
mew6495
on 10/8/08 9:16 am - MI
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/08 2:56 am
I would have to say 110% yes, seek another opinion. I realize what you are going through is tough, but you need real answers, and not from a doctor who is waffling over what to do. I would seek out a surgeon who specializes in revisions of all kinds. I can recommend Dr. Husted in KY. Keep us posted on your progress!!

Thanks,
Jill
MsDeniseinPA
on 10/10/08 6:31 am - PA
I agree. See another doctor.
Most Active