Do you have a question?

poochiehughes
on 11/12/09 11:24 pm

I had gastric bypass in 2002 blue cross blue shield of tx. paid for everything. I weight 191 lbs. and my BMI is 32...But for the last couple of months I have been having problems with belching all the time and nausea all day long.I went in to see Dr. and he sent me to have an EGD. I have NOT gotten the test results back yet. What are some options for revision surgery AND my insurance paying for the procedure. I don't have the sense of fullness anymore..Any information would be helpful in getting approved for revision surgery.Thanks a lot for your support

donnadeno
on 11/19/09 12:18 am
What are the best vitamins.  I tried Flinstones and they are AWFUL.  I bought a chewable Calcium storebrand and it's not great.  What about vit B6?
MamaMary1974
on 12/9/09 10:31 am - Loveland, OH
I get b12 shots 2x a month but as far as vitamins go the best tasting ones are ones I buy @ Krogers  called Zippy Zoo Gummie Bears w/ calcium and vitamin D  they are a multi vitamin they taste good. my kids love em.
mbarn1403
on 12/7/09 3:58 am - Hampton, GA
I had lap rny in 2004. I have sense then had 2 children back to back. I did lose 120 lbs with the surgery, but when I was preggo I had to eat alot of food to keep the children healthy. My weight is up and I gained 25 lbs back, I never reached goal. My question is what can I do that will help get me back on track. I never had any problems until I started gaining back the weight. I have had surgery to remove adhesions because of bad stomach pain. Now I am back to the heart burn and knee problems that I had prior to the RNY. What kind of procedure should I have done? Thanks in advance of any information.
MamaMary1974
on 12/9/09 10:28 am - Loveland, OH
I had Roux-en-Y Gastric bypass in 2001 I lost from 455 down to 219 then was forced to gain weight when I was pregnant 3 concecutive times one was miscarrage 2 live births. I have regained back to 345 and need revision, My stoma is severly dilated and I actually never have food in my stomach ever anymore they did upper and lower GI on me and said the fluids shoot straight through me..When I have flu or illness and vomit it comes from my intestine which can be extremely dangerous to my health with the bateria. I am borderline diabetic, anemic, have hemipalegic migraines, I have PCOS(polycystic ovarian syndrome), depression, GURD, and GAD(generalized anxiety disorder). I am a divorce mom of 2 beautiful autistic boys and need to lose at least 120 lbs to keep up with them. My original surgin is retired and he said b4 he retired if he had it to do over again he would have done some surgery I forget the name of but he said it would have bypassed the entire stomach and you feel no hunger you eat only because you have to not because you feel hungry it is one long valve. I have Molina so I will probibly have to go though UC Physician group again for the revision however it is serious to my health weather it is approoved by insurance or not I am will ing ot make a payment plan with a doctor to fix the problem if need be I am disabled so I have a steady income . Any suggestions on which surgery or any doctors who could help me please email me at [email protected] my profile shows my recent pic and my boys pictures. Happy Holidays.

Thankyou,
Mary
missy
on 12/20/09 10:11 pm - Ville St. Laurent, Canada
Hello, I am missy I had my gastric bypass July 19th , 2006, and I lost over 100lbs but the past 2 years I have gained some weight back - is there anything i can do to kick start my body to lose more weight?
tracyjl
on 1/13/10 3:18 am - Indianapolis, IN

Good afternoon. My name is Tracy and I had a gastric bypass done ten years ago. The last couple of years I have been gradually gaining weight. I have gained back to 200 pounds I am five foot seven. I got down to 130 pounds and stayed around the 150's until the last couple years. I've tried everything but its just not helping. I have been concidering a revision surgery but do not know what the best one to go for is. I would like, i'm sure like most of you to lose the 50 pounds quickly but not have to go thru surgery every 5 to 10 years. Do you have any successes or know of the best result surgery to look into. I appreciate any help! Thank you!

Starchild148
on 1/14/10 11:18 am

I had LAP-RNY 8 years ago.. I have gained back about half of my weight. I want to know if LAP BAND is possible after gastric bypass ? If so, is it safe? IS it successful??  Also,, I would like to know more about bariatric sclerotherapy.

janetz
on 5/20/10 6:06 am
I have a failed lap band that has a documented leak. My insurance is refusing to have it fixed- says I can take it out, but i did not see my surgeon (just my primary doctor) for 3 1/2 yrs so they say I was non compliant. I am likely going to fight them, however, if I lose the appeal, I plan to go to Mexico or another country and convert to a gastric bypass.
My question is- has anyone gone to the surgeons in Mexico, recommend one, and then what type of long term follow up is there and do you have to return to Mexico for it or what?
robinwhitehair
on 5/24/10 2:40 am

HI MY NAME IS ROBIN AND ON APRIL 1, 2010 I HAD MY REVISION DONE, A VB.  I HAD COMPLICATIONS WITH ME HEALTH AT CLEVELAND CLINIC SO THEY KEPT ME IN THERE FOR TWO WEEKS.  I WAS RELAEASED AND I WANTED TO GO TO A REHABILITATION CENTER FOR A WEEK SO I CAN GET MY BARINGS TO MYSELF AND MOVE.  I WAS THERE FIVE DAYS AND HAD AN APPT AT CC AND THEY TOOK BLOOD TEST AND HERE I WAS MAL & DEY.  SO BACK TO SPEND TIME AT CC BUT I AM GLAD B/C ONE EYE I COULD NOT SEE OUT OF AND MY LEGS FILLED UP WITH FLUID THAT I COULDN'T WALK.  I WAS A MESS AFTER MY SURGERY AND NOW AS I AM HOME I SEEM TO ONLY BE ABLE TO SIP AND EAT VERY LITTLE.  IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 3 MONTHS WHEN WILL IT CHANGE?  I AM HOME BOUND B/C OF IT I AM 263 LBS I STARTED OUT AT 300 LBS.  ANY ANSWERS OR PRAYERS FOR ME TO GET BACK MY STRENGTH.  I DO DUMBBELLS EVERY DAY AND TRY TO MOVE BUT I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP.
HELPLESS,
ROBIN

Most Active