Do you have a question?

Misty T.
on 9/23/09 1:12 pm
What is Erny?
JROLFSON
on 9/25/09 12:42 am - St. George, UT
An ERNY is for people who have had previous RNY GB and have begun to regain weight...It is where the doctor shortens your common channel usually between 150cc to 75 cc...With 150 being the most modest and 75 being the most extreme...It causes you to have more malabsorption whi*****reases weight loss...But this also comes with a price because along with the malabsorption you lose valuable vitamins and minerals so you must be diligent in taking supplements after this type of surgery...It probably isn't the best tool either if one is wanting to lose over 75 lbs or so...

Hope this helps...

Janie
Libby S.
on 9/28/09 3:21 am - Mobile, AL
 Janie,

Are you saying that an ERNY is NOT the best tool if you have MORE than 75 lbs to lose?  Is that correct?  If so, please explain why.   I am looking for information on ERNY.  

I need to lose about 50-60 pounds.

Thanks !

Libby
mrdoores
on 10/7/09 10:12 am - Waldorf, MD
Janie,
I am seeking a revision also to ERNY.  I had my original surgery RNY in 2001.  Never made it to goal and started gaining about 15 months out.  I am very curious as to what kinds of food can you eat after the ERNY?   What should I prepare for as pain, gas, stay in hospital,drain tubes, etc.    Could you let me know your experiences just to give me an idea of what to expect?/
Thanks so much
Marianna

alie
on 9/16/09 7:58 am
I am kind of in the same spot you are .  I am haveing  a scope done soon to see if I can have a rny so iwish you luck and please you wish me luck. 
alie
on 11/18/09 1:26 am
Hi Glad to see your post . I am not the only one that for sure  . I have gone to Kaiser this time and done all the test scroped two time to see what is going on and new Doc. gave me the choce of sleeve or the rny I said I wanted the rny but there is a chance he will have to do the sleeve if there is too much scraying or stables or other problems it is not with out risk and it will have to be open . it has take me forever to get to 256 form 283lb. I hope I am doing the right thing this time I know there are other surgeys but Kaiser only offers  these but there program seen very good . none of this is fun but if it works this time it will be worth it all. do'nt you think good luck to you !
alie
Ara Keshishian
on 11/13/09 1:02 am - Glendale, CA
 Hello
The medical explanation may be that you have a gastro-gastric fistula. 
It is very very common for patients with VBG to have small volumes of food intake, and either never loose the weight or loose some and gain it back.

Ara Keshishian, MD, FACS, FASMBS
[email protected]
www.dssurgery.com

designernails
on 3/1/09 9:23 am - Hopkins, MN
Mamamary...
On Feb. 12, 2009 I just had a version of a revision.  I had a well documented intussusception that has been causing problems for over 2 yrs now.
I was told I had a diliation as well.  The surgeon went in and fixed the dilation as well as removed the offending intussusception.  Reading about the intussusception scared the living daylights out of me.  This turned out to be 120 mm and the connection should have been 60 mm.  He also lengthened the "malabsorbtion" intestinal tract from 75 mm to 150 mm, his standard.
Now my question..
I'm experiencing a HUGE change in how I feel when I eat certain foods.  My first surgery was 1980 and I got pregnant 3 months after it.  I lost weight the entire pregnancy.  In 6 yrs I gained 76 pounds back. 27 1/2 yrs later I was 11 pounds higher than my pre-op weight in 1980. 1 year on Atkins and I was down 40 pounds.   I find if I eat a cookie or even one piece of candy I get so sick I feel like I'm going to just die.  I experienced this with ice cream and milk the first time around.
HELP!  Is this normal to find certain foods make you this sick?   Even the smell of bread makes me nauseous, like when I had morning sickness.  Umm in case your wondering there is NO way I'm pregnant.  I've been tube tied since 1990 and he's been snipped since 2006.
Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 5:45 am, edited 5/18/09 5:45 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Is it possible to get to ideal body weight with a stoma of 25 mm?  What diet should I follow?  I never feel like I have eaten anything.  thanks, Daisy
MerMer
on 7/5/09 1:01 pm

I have a question? Is it possible to have a lap rny reversed?
Most Active