PLEASE HELP ME...... VERY OVERWHELMED!!!

shellbell1126
on 10/7/08 12:45 pm - West Mifflin, PA
I have a Dr. Appointment tommorow, my dr and I have been going back and forth about a reversal.... I am very malnutritioned, Have vitamin defiencies and cannot stop losing weight, I even had a GJ tube for 8 months till the damn thing popped out!  I have also had quiet a few revisions..... What type of questions should I throw at my doc tommorow, I am very overwhelmed, drawing a blank, I am also very very depressed and scared outta my mind! Please ANYONE, HELP ME!!!!! PLEASE
mew6495
on 10/8/08 1:27 am - MI
 Shellbell1126 Honey, I am so very sorry to hear of what you are going through and my heart certainly goes out to you and your family.

From your info about you and your doctor "going around and around" it sounds like he does not want to do the reversal?  or am I reading that wrong?

It can be kind of hard to think of questions of what you should ask because in the majority of our cases our issues surround loosing weight rather then trying to find methods of putting it on.  But if I were in your shoes I guess I would ask;

1.  How can I expect my body to react to the reversal 3 mos, 6mos, 1yr, 5 yrs etc down the road
2.  Did you have RNY?  If so, what are the chances of my pyloric valve working again?
3.  Now that I have had the RNY and will be switched back to "normal" can I expect my system to go back to the way it was pre RNY? If not, they what would be the differences?
4.  Since my lower half of my stomach (assuming RNY) has been taken out of commission and not working for ??? years will it function as normal once reintroduced back into the system?
5.  Will my intestinal plumbing function as pre RNY once reversed?
6.  What will long term care and follow up entail?

Not sure if this has helped.  Not being in your situation I can only guess.  Sorry I could not do more.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  I will keep you in my prayers.  

God Bless,
MEW
shellbell1126
on 10/8/08 7:12 am - West Mifflin, PA
Thank you so very much, they are great questions, I will surely be asking him those question, I will keep you updated on answers whether it is from my Doc or another Doc......

Thanks Again,

Shelly
Most Active