Anyone with experience with De Paul Hospital or Dr Scott

Fat-No-More
on 10/7/08 9:23 am - Washington, MO
I am new here and thinking about having the gastric bypass after having the lap band and was wondeing if anyone knew anything about the hospital or Dr Scott. I was referred to him from my previous surgeon who does not perform the redo's. Also,is there anyoneout there who went from the band to the bypass?
stacyrockette
on 10/8/08 7:54 am - New York, NY
I don't know much about Dr. Scott other than he does Gastric Bypass revisions. I am a revision as well w/Dr. Eagon at Barnes in St. Louis..

I have been to De Paul it is a nice hospital not very big.. Sorry i could have been more help, but this a great board and someone will be along soon to answer.

There are many choices that you have for a revision so research all the WLS's out there.

Since you are a redo you might want to look into the D.S. I had a redo in 2006 had the original in 1998, but now I am revising to the D.S.

For me I see the D.S. is better and I wished I went with it at first. So just research is all i am saying and GOOD LUCK!!

Check Out the D.S. Forum
KRWaters
on 10/11/08 5:13 pm - Manteca, CA
Yes STacyRockette is right. You must check out the DS forum and duodenalswitch.com for a lot of information on the duodenal switch. It is really supposed to b e the top of the line surgery. I am also planning to have it done, but I do have to save up some money since we will have to stay in a motel after survery for maybe a week and extra money for protein supplements and make sure we can pay the bills, etc. I think maybe there was a reason I did not have it the first time round when I had my RnY. Financially I could not have done it. I wish you well.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active