The Rose Procedure

jboogie4166
on 10/6/08 11:37 pm
Good Morning All....Wanted to know if anyone has had the new procedure I am hearing about called The Rose...It is a special less evasive surgery for post ops that had RNY and have gained weight back....Oct. 18th will be my 8 year anniversary and I never got down to my goal weight....I was 376 and lost 171....Compared to what I was I feel like Olive Oil but I was never able to break that 200 lbs. mark....In 06 my mother became ill and passed away so that stress really got to me and I have gained a good 40 lbs. back.....I have tried to loose it on my own and in the beginning of the year I lost about 20 lbs....Got this weird pain on the left side under my breast bone and no one could find anything wrong with me....Seems like I had about a hundred test done to find out what was wrong.....The pain was so bad it had me doubled over at times....Doctor gave me Vicaden for the pain.....It stayed with me for a good 2 months and it went away just as weirdly as it came but by then all the changes I had made to try and loose weight were shot and it's been hell trying to get back into that mode....Anyway, does anyone know where I can get more information on The Rose and does anyone out there have Kaiser Insurance and have they paid for revision surgeries of any kind???.....

Thanks in advance for your help....

Joyce E. Sherrod
stacyrockette
on 10/8/08 8:02 am - New York, NY
Hello,

I had a RNY in 1998 and what I thought was a revision in 2006, but it didn't work that well. I have been hearing about all types of new WLS and old ones I didn't know about back then. since i have been here..

I think the D.S. is a great surgery for me.  Come over to the forum if you are interested and ask away there are many here and there that will answer your questions so you can find the surgery that is best for you...

Have a great one.. Take Care..
Most Active