just looking for some help

markys mama
on 10/6/08 6:27 am - independence, CA
Ok I have been on this board for about a week now. I have been reading posts and getting some great advise. But I have a few ? I need to know if I am a good candidate to a revision. When I started researching wls I was really looking into ds I even went to the doc that preforms the ds in my area. My insurance turned me down. So rather than fight for it I went with the RNY I did loose about 165 to 170 LBS. Witch is great I think. But now I am back up by 60 lbs or so. i never reached my doc goal or my goal I would of liked to get down to about 160 or 170 lbs I didn't even come close. so what I need to know is what do I have to do to get approved for the DS revision. Please help.
1 hour bf RNY 398
before Baby 220
goal 160
current 285
need to lose 129  chocolate
mew6495
on 10/6/08 9:25 am - MI
I understand your struggles.  This will depend on your insurance companies requirements.  I would suggest calling them or checking out their web site to see what criteria you have to meet.  Then proceed with doing everything you can to meet the conditions.  Its hard for any of us to tell you what you need to do to qualify as all insurance companies are different and have different restrictions, sometimes within their own system.

Good luck to you.  Don't  give up!  If they deny then appeal and do it again if you have to!
Most Active