Revision complete and feeling good

mew6495
on 10/5/08 2:27 am - MI
Revision to ERNY was done on 10/3 as scheduled with Dr. S in AZ.  He is a wonderful man!  He found and fixed hernias, adhesions and blockages as well.  I was able to get released from the hospital yesterday and am feel pretty good.  I was lucky enough not to have to have a drain!  Yippee! I will always be thankful to Dr. S for giving me my 2nd chance!  
Ruth S.
on 10/5/08 3:32 am - Orlando, FL
I keep hearing about this E-RNY what exactly is that, if I may ask? Do they go back in and you get bypassed more?
Ruth S.
mew6495
on 10/5/08 3:48 am - MI
 It is where they extend your intestinal bypass or more accurately shorten your common channel.  I asked my doctor what exactly was the difference between the DS and ERNY's as far as the intestinal routing and he said they are the same.  The CC length is usually somewhere between 50 CC and 100 CC depending on the doctor.  So we basically have the RNY pouch and the DS intestinal portion for the long term success.
ginau
on 10/5/08 3:35 am - mesa, AZ
Wow !  you got out on Sat !! with no drain !! how lucky can you get.

So how ya feeling today ?  up walking - heading off to the mall ??   Did you get your protein powder ?    I am at work right now and still exhausted from the Concert ..  I am getting too old to party like a rock star

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 10/5/08 3:44 am - MI
Hi Jeanna!  I am feeling wonderful, all considering.  Up walking around but not sure I am ready for the mall yet.  Give me an hour!  I was surprised by the no drain thing as well.  Gosh, I didn't even realize I didn't have it until I got back to the hotel!

Yes, got my protein.  Got a strawberry and a banana.  They're pretty good.  Yumm.  

Work on a Sunday!  You poor thing.  No rest for the wicked! as they say, but I am sure you are not wicked but rather an angel!

Sounds like your concert went well.  Don't tell me your to old for this....that means I am to old for it as well since I am about your age!  I was so hoping I had at least another 10 years of the rock star partying left!
ginau
on 10/5/08 3:47 am - mesa, AZ

6 - 11:00 am  - Lets see I have had 2 phone calls  today !!    they each cost  $65.00  and only  13 min to go..   I am off to the vitamin shoppe to find  Elite protein.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 10/5/08 3:50 am - MI
 Elite protein???  Never heard of it.  Is it suppose to be very good?  Have a wonderful day off, what's left of it anyway.
JRinAZ
on 10/6/08 1:22 am - Layton, UT
Hey there girlfriend!
Congrats on your step over into SUCESS!!!!  Woooooo Hooooooooo!  So glad everything went well.  Push the protein, water and move your body so things can reconnect and circulate as they need to!

I am soooooo bummed.  I wanted to do a drop by to visit you in the hospital.  But, I had all of my pm's purged and didn't have your contact info any lkonger!  I even called Paradise Valley hospital to speak with their Bariatric Coordinator.  She couldn't find anyone on the schedule from out of town on Friday?

If you're still hanging around Phoenix for a few days then shoot me a note.  If you're up for a visitor or maybe a bud to take you on an easy outing then we can connect!

[email protected]

......are you melting away in AZ?  LOL!  ....You can just tell your hometown buds that it was soooo hot in Arizona that you sweat off about 30 pounds!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mew6495
on 10/5/08 3:38 am - MI
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 3:52 am - Brunswick, ME
So happy to hear you are doing so well and have no drains!!!  I will be having a revision with Dr. S on 10/30 and hope to have the same outcome.  I have had abdominal drains 4 times and would be so happy to not have them again.  Keep us posted as I will be excited to follow your progress.  Will you be traveling home by Amtrak?

Take care,

Angie in Maine
Most Active