Stomaphyx

Donna O
on 10/4/08 11:27 am - Phila, PA
has anyone heard of this?  I am thinking of having this done.

Donna

Open Rny

Feb.22,2006

Ruth S.
on 10/4/08 11:35 am - Orlando, FL
HI Donna..I just posted on my experience with the schlerotherapy and one of the things the dr had mentioned was the stomaphyx..in fact I wanted to get that before the schlerotherapy..what the dr showed me was the pouched stretched and the stomaphyx fixed the sides of it but if the stoma is big, food will still get through fast. So he stated to me that the first step should be is to close the stoma, and if things don't improve then we can try the stomaphx and lastly if necessary the DS which is a more bypassed surgery (which Im not truly entertaining at this point due to the nature of the surgery and no time off at this time. If you have any questions let me know.
Hugs
Ruth S.
Donna O
on 10/4/08 11:41 am - Phila, PA

Ruth:

Thanks for the info.  I just saw this on the news and all my friends and family are telling me to do this.  I had WLS almost three years ago and I gained back so far 45lbs.  I had only lost 85.  My knees hurt and everything else.  I just had a hernia operation so I don't know if I can have this too.  What is your stoma?

Donna

Open Rny

Feb.22,2006

Ruth S.
on 10/4/08 12:14 pm - Orlando, FL
The stoma is the opening of the stomach into the new intestines. In a normal stomach the opening goes into the duodenum and down the rest of the intestines..in RNY you know we have the pouch and new connection so that is called the stoma... I will tell you that friends and family can tell you anything...but what do they know about it?? They have not gone through this...I say always consult a medical professional in these matters.
Hugs
Ruth S.
Donna O
on 10/4/08 12:31 pm - Phila, PA
Thanks Ruth.. I will.
Donna O
on 10/4/08 12:35 pm - Phila, PA
Ruth:

I saw your pictures.. You look great.  Well done.
Ruth S.
on 10/4/08 1:02 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks! I haven't heard those words in a LONG time...LOL
Ruth S.
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/08 8:05 pm - TX
Just curious here.  What keeps it from strethcing again? 
ginau
on 10/5/08 3:41 am - mesa, AZ
Hey lady

How ya doing ?   n Love that new avatar - looking fresh & breezie

Just a thought  to ponder ...
Thoughts on stomaphyx - what keeps the  plastic fastners from popping?? and where do the go?  when they do pop.

The rose  procedure is sutures instead of plastic pleats  - or am I wrong ??     I think you need to look at  all options ..  depending on how much weight you have to loose.  medical issue's past & presant.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 6:40 am - TX
Thanks so much!

Yea, that too...... I mean,  it all was right and what I'm wondering is what do they do different when they "fix" it that wasn't already done the first time, before the failure of the pouch and stoma?  So what would keep it from happening again???? 

Nah;;.not for me.  I'm too old to take chances, which is why I did choose the ' ds for a permanent fix. 
Most Active