News on appeal...

tnwalkersu
on 10/5/08 1:57 am - Somerville, TN
I was asking how many appeals because I have noticed that some people have to appeal a lot and some only once.  I am just starting with my insurance company.  So this will be my first appeal.  I'm so glad yours went good.  I just found out about obesitylaw and hope mine will go as good as yours.  Congrats.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

pepsi98
on 10/5/08 4:34 am - Norwich, CT
If you have ObesityLaw in your corner, then you can rest assured that you'll get approved!!!   They are fabulous!!  What type of revision did you get denied for?  Good luck on your too!!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

mew6495
on 10/5/08 11:49 am, edited 10/5/08 11:50 am - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS!  This is wonderful news.  Good luck to you on your new journey.  Please keep us posted on when you get your date and how you are doing.  God Bless You.
tnwalkersu
on 10/5/08 4:28 pm - Somerville, TN
I'm revising from a band to DS.  My band failed and I have to pay $8000 to get it fixed.  So I decided that if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'll get the surgery I really want.  If I can get the insurance to pay for it.  It will cost me $26000.
I sent a request for surgery to my insurance company and they sent me an e-mail that they didn't approve wls so I was denied.  Now I need to know what the next step is.  I have a form to help me fill out an appeal or should I go straight to obesitylaw?  So confusing.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

pepsi98
on 10/5/08 8:06 pm - Norwich, CT
I would suggest that you speak with ObesityLaw first.  I know that it would have been more of an uphill battle if my insurance company had an exclusion...I'm not sure how you get around that, but I still think I'd start with ObesityLaw and they can give you the best advice.  I do wish you all the best.  What happened with your band?

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 11:14 pm

If you don't mind sharing. What is the cost of using ObesityLaw.com?
pepsi98
on 10/6/08 6:38 am - Norwich, CT
I had to pay nothing for the appeal.  This is because Allergan has a program for lap band patients.  If ObesityLaw approves you for this plan they file your appeal with no cost to you.  I don't know about any other appeals nor do I know what they charge.

Most Active