All *****vised from band to sleeve:

Snappy3k
on 10/2/08 1:47 pm
I am revising from the band to sleeve Nov 4.  I am excited, but also worried.  I worry that the failure of my band (no weight loss in a year) is my fault.  Maybe I ate the wrong foods?  Maybe I progressed through the diet too fast?

I am wondering...do you find the sleeve easier than the band?  If so, how?  Thanks!!!  Be honest...I need it.

Ginny
sweetness75
on 10/3/08 5:50 am - Seat Pleasant, MD
Hi Ginny,

I has a revision from the band to the sleeve. I had the same problem with my band also I could eat everything in site. With a fill or without. Now I have the sleeve and it doesn't let me do that anymore. Now I have to be honest sometimes if you eat things like ice cream melted or things that are really creamy yes you will get those calories in and also not lose weight. From my experience I can't eat around my sleeve. If I take that one bite to much I will throw everything back up. I am only able to eat about 3-4 oz of food. Now I want to eat more most of the time because it is good but not because I am hungry. I don't have the hungry feeling anymore unless my blood sugar is low because I have diabetes. I am three months out and 41 pounds lighter and I have not gained anything (maybe a little water) but my clothes fit me loser every week.

Good lunch with the sleeve if you have any other questions please feel free to send me a message. I am around all the time most of the time just reading post and learning.

Chastity

Beginning/Current/Second mini goal/Goal
311             260        250             200

If I stay strong and watch what I eat the pounds will melt away. Thanks for the support.

PekinSal
on 10/4/08 8:18 am - UK
I have the sleeve as part of the DS. My DH still has his band. He has many more rules than me about what will go down and stay down (cooking dinner for us both can be a nightmare...).

Compared to the band I can eat much less, but its a constant thing - it doesn't change with the time of day/type of food/phase of the moon. I've only thrown up a few times early out, when I couldn't hear the 'stop eating' message. No food in itself has made me puke.

But I could still out-eat the sleeve on its own - I suck at dieting, so I had the DS part as well. I can at least eat unlimited protein and fat and only have to worry about the sugar and potatoes (it made me lactose intolerant so ice cream is off the menu too)...

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active