10 hours until i see doctor and he decides!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 6:35 pm, edited 11/12/08 1:09 am - Togo

mm

tysweetpea
on 10/3/08 5:42 am - NEWMAN, CA

I will keep my fingers crossed for you   I am still researching my alternatives. I didnt know I could even possibly get a revision to help me out. I thought it was all my fault that I gained most of the weight back.  OMG.  Do you have any pointers of how I can address this to my surgeon to review my case?  How did you already get approved from your insurance?

thanks for your help

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/08 8:02 pm, edited 10/3/08 8:06 pm - Togo
The board has been silent to my posts. You are on your own.
cuppyb
on 10/3/08 9:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
How did you make out with the doctor?  Will they do the revision?

I was absolutely petrified to talk to my surgeon about it, felt the same way like I would be in trouble for failing.   I did great the first 18 months, but then problems started.  We talked about it for several months and did tests and made changes, finally decision was made to do the revision.  I was originally looking at the sleeve but my surgeon isn't doing them yet, looking into it though.  He did say if that is what I wanted then he would discuss doing it for me.  In the end I have decided to go from band to RNY on Tuesday, October 28th.   The day before my b-day.  

Good luck and let me know what you decide to do. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

pokerchips
on 10/13/08 8:35 am
How di everything go for you did the doctor of your choice agree to the revision.  I have an appointment on the 21st for a f/u after upper G.I., endoscope & colonoscopy to see if there was any documented mechanical failure to my surgery in 2001.  From the beginning I felt that the food emptied from my tummy 2 fast but the doctor kept telling me "its only a tool & "Take your tool our of the shed"!  I felt like such a failure until this year when I decided to look into a revision because although I was not a perfect patient I used my tool properly but it never felt the way I thought it should feel.  I know I was comparing myself to others but.......

I have gone to a different surgeon that did the 1st surgery and I know surgeons don't like to clean up behind another surgeon but I pray the new surgeon can  make successful changes to my rny.

Let us know how you made out!
Most Active