OMG ... !!!

-Butterfly-
on 10/1/08 6:09 am
Ok, I have officially freaked myself out! 

I have been in need of a colonoscopy since I turned 30 (will be 31 soon) due to a high family history of colon cancer in the early 30's.  I've been putting it off due to fear mostly of the prep.... but finally decided to bite the bullet and get it scheduled. Mainly because I don't want to die because I was too scared to get this done... hopefully I will find its not too late as it is.

Anyway, I called a few places and wasn't having any luck with finding a doctor that was familiar with the bypassed intestines of a Gastric Bypass patient.  So, I called my surgeon to get some referrals to someone that could do it.... to my utter shock and horror it turns our MY SURGEON's office does it..... OMG!!!

So after talking with them, they decided it would be best to do the colonoscopy RIGHT AFTER MY Scleotherapy!!!!!  OMG and HOLY CRAP!!!!   Needless to say, I am kinda happy that it will all be done at one time, which means that I won't have to be put into twilight too many times, and the need for fasting is also less, which means less hypoglycemic worries.  But at the same time I am scared as hell to have all of this done at the same time.... yikes!

Anyway, did anyone else happen by chance to have both things done at the same time....?  I am betting probably not.... boy, I have all the fun!  LMFAO!!!!  
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
sjprice
on 10/1/08 11:39 am - Quinlan, TX
I had to have both by the same doctor and he scheduled them on different days.  I would guess it would save you money and time to go ahead and have it done at the same time.  Good luck
-Butterfly-
on 10/2/08 12:48 am
Thank you for the reply!  What prep did you use? My doc wants me to use the Fleet #3 ..... sure doesn't sound like a wonderful evening to me!   If you did the #3 one.... was it as miserable as I am freaking out that it will be?   lol 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

tysweetpea
on 10/3/08 5:52 am - NEWMAN, CA

Well lets see.  fleet is an enema.  Dont know if you want the details. In other words...after doing that...dont go anywhere for a little while. You'll be fine.

-Butterfly-
on 10/4/08 12:38 am
ROTFLMFAO .... thats what I am afraid of.....  HELP!     

Ok... anyone that has had a colonoscopy.... just how long are we talking about the whole... not leaving the bathroom.... ???  I've got 30 years of colon gunk in there.... hell, I might never get to leave my potty!!!     I've also never had an enema before.... don't know what to expect there either, except that I have to stick something up my heiny and squirt liquid in it and then poop my brains out some more... wow, what a nightmare this sounds like it will be. 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

tysweetpea
on 10/4/08 5:11 am - NEWMAN, CA

You are too funny.  You will be fine.  I am surprised they dont make you take magnesium citrate.  It is something you drink and that way do dont have to do the enema.  Enemas are not all that bad...it will be fine. 

Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen,they are present with you.
~ St. Francis De Sales

-Butterfly-
on 10/9/08 1:26 am
I have a the sulfate drink (might I add BARF!!!!!!!!!  )  pills & the enema.

Today I have to drink a small vial of this disgusting liquid, very hard to do without gagging!  Later I have to take these 4 little pills and then tomorrow, 2 hours before I go to the hospital, I have to do the enema. 

By the time of my appointment, I will have not eaten for 24 hours, have a sore pooper and will be a total crank 'N fuss!  I pity the doctors.... and my husband!   lol
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

Crystal_girlost
on 10/11/08 10:59 am - WV
I am just a lurker over here. Not looking for revision, but I work for GI docs, maybe This is why I came over here. First anyone with a RNY can have a colonoscopy. It does not go far enough to get to the rerouted area. Second the Fleet #3 has both an enema and something to drink. I am glad you can get both procedures done at the same time. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps. Crystal

First fill 11/4/08 3cc's  Second fill 12/19/08 2cc's
Third appt 1/27/09 rescheduled
Third fill 3/24/09 1 cc= Total 6cc's

Most Active