redo rny staples?

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/08 2:43 pm, edited 11/12/08 1:11 am - Togo

tysweetpea
on 10/2/08 8:30 am - NEWMAN, CA

Hi there...how did you know your staples came undone?  I have my rny in 2001, was 365 lost 165 lbs, had a baby in 2005 and my weight just keeps creeping back up.  I am back 300.  I want a revision.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 9:09 am - Togo
I first began noticing that I ate more. I mean larger portions. I wasn't satisfied or felt full unless I ate more and more.   

Gradually i gained more and more.  omg!

I began stumbling around with diets. Doing this one and then doing that one. Succeeding and failing. In time I gained back 3/4 of what i'd lost. I was right back in the same boat I'd been in before the rny.  

I went to a bariatric doctor and had an upper GI done. it showed my rny had come unstapled. The staples were still there but not in place.

He told me it was a simple procedure to just staple the stomach together again.

I got all of my clearances done - cardiology, primary care, sleep apnea, pulmonologist, psychiatric, internist, etc. All was ready to go but before i was to leave something happened to me
  and i was not able to  have the surgery.

that was two years ago. now my life is better and i am able to have the revision.

so i am meeting with a collegeau of my first doctor tomorrow. he referred me to him because my insurance is different now than it was the first time and he doesn't take what i have now.

My first doctor who did the rny - his office manager told me the lap band is considered a revision too. revision doesn't have to mean the staples came out. Gaining weight is cause to look into a revision as there are many reasons to have the surgery again.

So that's my story.

jayner
on 10/2/08 9:01 pm - Littleton, MA

My surgeon uses a double row of sutures instead of staples. Perhaps you could ask if they would use sutures instead.

Jayne

Most Active