Dont know what to do

AmandaDelhi
on 10/1/08 1:06 pm - Delhi, CA

Hi, everyone I have only posted a few times on here  I don’t know what’s going on I had gastric bypass surgery July 13 2004 day of surgery I was at 252  I had started losing weight then I got pregnant about 3 mos  postop  I went down to 150 after I had my daughter I had another baby on Aug 27 2007 I went up to 183 but as soon as I had my baby I went back down to about 153 now all of a sudden I keep on gaining weight  I told my doctor that I am eating to get fool but around 10to 15 minutes later I feel hungry again. How do I ask my doctor about a revision he wants to put me on diet pills which sucks because they never worked for me before  and I feel I really need to lose weight I only have one kidney and my sister is on dialysis  and she only 26 a year younger then me any suggestion  how I could ask my doctor  I forgot to mention I am 5’3 and almost 5 pounds shy of 200

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/08 11:24 pm - AZ
Your BMI is 34.5.  Are you looking to see if insurance will cover it?  What kind of revision are you wanting?

I know you can get it done via self pay but I'm not sure ins will cover.

I agree with you about diet pills.  They are not safe, they don't work, and as soon as you build a tolerance to them or stop taking them weight comes right back.

With that said there is a drug that is not a typical diet pill.  You take it once daily and it cuts your appetite.  I don't know if it is approved in the US or not, no clue.  I took them a long time ago before I was banded and I got them from my GP in Mexico.  It's called Ectiva 15mg, you take one daily at 11AM.  I had forgotten about them until I was cleaning out my bathroom cupboards and ran across them yesterday.  It's not a long term fix but might be a good short term fix.  They were kind of expensive, 750 pesos ($70 USD) for a 15 day supply, that was about 2.5 years ago.  But they do work.  It's not a stimulant... it's different.

Please understand, I did do research on this drug a long time ago but no longer remember what I read.  I was desperate and willing to try anything.

pepsi98
on 10/4/08 9:07 am - Norwich, CT
pepsi98
on 10/4/08 9:09 am - Norwich, CT
I believe Ectiva is actually Meridia.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/08 1:31 pm - AZ
Doesn't Meridia have a stimulant?  This drug never did that for me and my MX GP said it wasn't a stimulant.  But I'm going by memory, I don't know for sure.
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 2:29 am - AZ
I just looked it up, you are right, it's Meridia.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 8:52 pm - TX
You need an endoscopy in order to really know. It sounds like me and I had a gastric fistula and stoma enlargement.
Most Active