3rd surgery

sjprice
on 10/1/08 11:32 am - Quinlan, TX
I had silastic ring vertical gastroplasty in Jan 1997.   I then had a revision to lap band in Dec 2006 by the same surgeon.  I lost 25 lbs the 1st month on no more weight loss after all the fills.  I have had port pain from day one.  I was told by my surgeon that it could be a hernia.  He order a sonogram and had his nurse call and let me know it was not a hernia and left it at that.  Well I'm in pain....I go see a different surgeon to get a 2nd opinion.  He ordered and upper GI and scope.  The band/port needs to be removed.  Since the lap band revision I had to start taking high blood pressure pills, pervacid twice a day and have a B-12 shorts monthly.  I have to make the right choice this time.  I let my 1st surgeon tell me what I needed.  I'm looking at all my opinion.  Anyone out there had more than one revision? 
keenergel
on 10/1/08 11:58 pm - OH
I haven't had more than one revision, but my surgeon has done multiple revisions.  You might try the DS forum since it is often a staged WLS.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/08 11:00 am - TX
I had the vbg done in 97 too.  I then had a revision to a RNY in 2003.  I still have not lost the weight that I wanted to but that is another story.  chek out my page that tells the whole story!  I sometimes think about another surgery.  I dont think I could do it unless I were having major complications.  It sounds like you are in pain!  I would have the band removed.  My band is still there from the first surgery too.  email me at [email protected] if you need to chat!
Most Active